Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 50th Anniversary Marlin 60 Deluxe awhile back and have not shot it. It is one of the rifles with S/N beginning with DLX***. I'm just wondering if it would be stupid to not shoot it as it's a fairly new gun and may not be worth anything in the future. I did mount a Prostaff Rimfire scope on it so maybe that dropped value from any mount marks?

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
You might want to check Gunbroker.com and do a search on the firearm that you own. That will give you an idea of its value, if any come up. If none come up, keep checking back until you see one and see an asking price. At age 67 I don't really "collect" lever guns, they are meant to be fired and enjoyed. If you have a new unfired gun and want to hold off on shooting it, you can always pick up a used JM marked Marlin 30-30 at a reasonable price and shoot that until you decide what to do with your unfired rifle.

Mike T.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Is the DLX serial number less than 200? I would think collecting value would significantly change after 200 because the X (within the serial number) was dropped after that. The 50ann60 version is a beautiful rifle, I feel, that was designed to give the Marlin owner the very best semi-auto product to date as a celebration of its popularity.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
personally, I would shoot it, just my opinion, I don't care to own a gun just to look at

but that is just my opinion

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I guess it would depend on serial number and how many 60's you own, me being a senior, I'd shoot that puppy!.

In the grand scheme of things, no matter what we think, it's just another 60 with a walnut stock, I don't believe any are priceless unless to you for some sentimental reason.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
The only guns I have that I don't shoot are the ones that are too cool to get rid of but hurt my shoulder too much to shoot lol. Shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Shoot it, When I bought a Vette, I didn't let it sit in the drive way and I didn't let any of my Limited rifles sit in the safe either. But do enjoy it either way you use it and congrats.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Bang! There, see how easy that was!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the serial # is below DLX200. I do have an older and not so good of shape 60 that I can shoot. It just isn't near as nice to look at and doesn't have the scope on it.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Shoot for sure!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I shoot mine

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts