Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I have an opportunity to get a Marlin 93 and am hesitant. (I already have several Marlin's and really no need for another) I have seen the gun and it looks in very good condition for its age. It comes with the largest rear peep sight apparatus that I have ever seen on any lever gun. Part of it screws on to the left side of the receiver in the form of a horizontal “V”.

The specifics are serial number: C 4##, caliber .32 Special, stamped “Marlin Safety” on top of receiver, barrel stamped “Special Smokeless Steel”, barrel length seemed to be right at 20”. The bore looked very, very, good. I know this is asking a lot but any thoughts on the low end value of this rifle ?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like it might be a carbine or sporting carbine which has a 2/3 magazine. Hard to say on value without seeing the rifle. It also sounds like an after market receiver sight.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Sounds like the receiver sight might be one of the "climbin' Lymans." If so, that for a Marlin would be worth a fair piece of change.
Picture or two would help folks here give you a better idea of what it is. Exact markings and location of same, along with info
on stock bullseye (or lack thereof) will also help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.