Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted back in November about a pit we rescued and found a new home, and as is the norm it has happened again. This little girl showed up a little over two weeks ago and is extremely skittish. She's been really living the life cruising all the local businesses for food and enjoying their sympathy, and was sleeping inside a wrecked car at the storage place across the street. After trying multiple different ways including some sleeping pills (from the vet) we had just decided even though she was warming up to us she'd most likely get hit by a car before we could get her to go home. She's scared of a rope and would not let you touch her if food wasn't involved in the process.

Something must have let her guard down last night because she went for the bait!

She barked at first but got over that pretty quickly, so we loaded the cage up in the truck.

The name has changed a few times but one of our employees decided this was an airplane on her neck so she's now Memphis Belle. My parents are hoping to keep her and our best dog from my younger years was named Belle so it's a special name.

Parents have a smaller kennel in their garage for her to start off in. She seems a bit aggressive towards other dogs at the moment but hopefully we can break that.

And finally with her guard down. If you sit down she won't stand up, we saw her tail wagging for the first time which is a good thing and she ate/drank over the few hours she was up before lunch. BIL is coming out tonight for shots/heart worm test so fingers crossed she isn't a high grade if positive.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Nice job Eaglestroker. Nice job indeed.

Most of that behavior, as you know, is from the experience she has had. They have a good memory but they usually put the bad away once a constant flow of good memories start flowing.

Good luck with Memphis Belle.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Reminds me a lot of a stray I adopted several years ago, but he was a he. Had a very similar spot between his shoulders. He was always getting out of the fenced yard that I put him in, but he wouldn't go anywhere, and back in he'd go, so I named him "Slick Willie" (yes, it was during the Clinton era).

Belle will soon realize how lucky she is I'm guessing. Good save there Eaglestroker! She might be a long distance relative to Willie.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Eaglestroker, great save and thanks form someone who loves dogs. We do not have one now. Homeowners Association won't let fences around yard, don't want dog running loose( me either the way local idiots drive). Wish we had known this prior to buying house this location. Thanks again for caring when someone else doesn't, John.

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
She looks like my Katie. The wife and I adopted Katie about 5 years ago and she now runs the house and sleeps in our bed. She still loves me even when I piss the wife off though. Great people like yourself watch out for animals in need.

047.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts