Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Bring it on!!!!! ;D NO WAY!!!! The recoil factor in my 6 pound "Peashooter' with its top load of a 325 grain bullet at 2263 fps is:47 ft lbs at 22 fps......about three rounds from the bench and I am "punchy" (more so than normal!!!!)...but, off the bench it is sweet to shoot....much more forgiving.

For comparison: an 8 pound 45-70 shooting a 535 grain bullet at 1550 fps produces a recoil factor of 37 ft lbs at 17 fps.

The 13 pound 577 T-Rex produces a whopping 166 ft lbs at 29 fps.....I cannot even imagine taking that kind of abuse. :eek:

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
I would rather have to "talk" my way out of a situation, then to "shoot" my way out of a situation (with the T-Rex)........nope, not for me! As far as the wives go......mine is not much of a shooter (although she does very well with her little Smith 696, 44 Special), and she never gives me a hard time about much of anything..........as long as I keep the dishes washed, and the trash emptied! ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.