·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no desire to shoot that thing at all, back in my younger days, I would have jumped all over it!

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flat Top said:
Bring it on!!!!! ;D NO WAY!!!! The recoil factor in my 6 pound "Peashooter' with its top load of a 325 grain bullet at 2263 fps is:47 ft lbs at 22 fps......about three rounds from the bench and I am "punchy" (more so than normal!!!!)...but, off the bench it is sweet to shoot....much more forgiving.

For comparison: an 8 pound 45-70 shooting a 535 grain bullet at 1550 fps produces a recoil factor of 37 ft lbs at 17 fps.

The 13 pound 577 T-Rex produces a whopping 166 ft lbs at 29 fps.....I cannot even imagine taking that kind of abuse. :eek:
Oh come on, lots of Marlinowner members takes much more abuse then this from there wifes! Some I'm sure would rather pull that trigger then face there wifes!

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That rifle kicked so hard, some of those folks started talking in tongues.

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
STP078,
you are Tuff girl, I would rather Artificially Inseminate a 1000lbs Grizzly Bear then shoot that thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.