·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no desire to shoot that thing at all, back in my younger days, I would have jumped all over it!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Bring it on!!!!! ;D NO WAY!!!! The recoil factor in my 6 pound "Peashooter' with its top load of a 325 grain bullet at 2263 fps is:47 ft lbs at 22 fps......about three rounds from the bench and I am "punchy" (more so than normal!!!!)...but, off the bench it is sweet to shoot....much more forgiving.

For comparison: an 8 pound 45-70 shooting a 535 grain bullet at 1550 fps produces a recoil factor of 37 ft lbs at 17 fps.

The 13 pound 577 T-Rex produces a whopping 166 ft lbs at 29 fps.....I cannot even imagine taking that kind of abuse. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flat Top said:
Bring it on!!!!! ;D NO WAY!!!! The recoil factor in my 6 pound "Peashooter' with its top load of a 325 grain bullet at 2263 fps is:47 ft lbs at 22 fps......about three rounds from the bench and I am "punchy" (more so than normal!!!!)...but, off the bench it is sweet to shoot....much more forgiving.

For comparison: an 8 pound 45-70 shooting a 535 grain bullet at 1550 fps produces a recoil factor of 37 ft lbs at 17 fps.

The 13 pound 577 T-Rex produces a whopping 166 ft lbs at 29 fps.....I cannot even imagine taking that kind of abuse. :eek:
Oh come on, lots of Marlinowner members takes much more abuse then this from there wifes! Some I'm sure would rather pull that trigger then face there wifes!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I would rather have to "talk" my way out of a situation, then to "shoot" my way out of a situation (with the T-Rex)........nope, not for me! As far as the wives go......mine is not much of a shooter (although she does very well with her little Smith 696, 44 Special), and she never gives me a hard time about much of anything..........as long as I keep the dishes washed, and the trash emptied! ;D

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
That video still makes me chuckle. Just looking at the posture of some of those guys, you know what is going to happen... ;D ;D Even a couple that have a good shooting posture still have it get away from them.

Quite the set-up.

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That rifle kicked so hard, some of those folks started talking in tongues.

·
Registered
300 Posts
DWB said:
That video still makes me chuckle. Just looking at the posture of some of those guys, you know what is going to happen... ;D ;D Even a couple that have a good shooting posture still have it get away from them.

Quite the set-up.
That's what I'm thinking. Give me my gloves, earplugs, earmuffs, a wide legged stance and a cushion to put under my bra strap and I'll give it a whirl! ;D :p

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
STP078,
you are Tuff girl, I would rather Artificially Inseminate a 1000lbs Grizzly Bear then shoot that thing!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Starrbow said:
STP078,
you are Tuff girl, I would rather Artificially Inseminate a 1000lbs Grizzly Bear then shoot that thing!
Nah, but I would be tougher after I recovered from the dislocated shoulder I would probably receive from that thing. I mean, I would survive and walk away. The grizzly, probably not unless I had a dart gun.

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
STP078 said:
That's what I'm thinking. Give me my gloves, earplugs, earmuffs, a wide legged stance and a cushion to put under my bra strap and I'll give it a whirl! ;D :p
I might give it a whirl too, but I might have to borrow your cushion... ::) ;) ;D

I really can't talk too much trash at the guys that let it rip and lost control of the rifle. Just the way some of them are leaning back, it doesn't take too much effort on the part of gravity to finish sending them back and down. Even some of them that had decent posture still took a spanking with it.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
With a charge of 189 gr of Reloader 22 under a 750 gr bullet, it develops 2500 fps and 10,403 ft/lbs. I bet it kicks! In a 14 lb gun it develops 160 ft/lbs of recoil. Owwww.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was watching this again a couple days ago. I laugh so much every time I see it. I also wonder if any other gun in history has been dropped more times. ;D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It sure is funny,especially when the laundry gets knocked off ;D. But seriously anything with 10,000 ft lbs. of energy should be mounted on something with tracks (tank) and not fired offhand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.