Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where .32 RF long ammo can be had? The supply seems to be drying up overnight.

I'm about ready to get a CF pin made from Wisner's and start reloading .32 long colt ammo. Anyone know where to get a mould for heel bullets?
-Stone

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
That's a tough one. For a number of years, the .32 rimfire was somewhat scarce, but then it simply dried up. A couple years ago I found a stash of 15 boxes of .32 rimfire made by Cannuck. I bought it all for $13 a box. Since then, I haven't seen any shootable .32 RF, and the collectable stuff goes $50-$65 a box.
I shoot mostly .32Colt CF in my 1891, 1892, and ballrd chambered for this cartridge. Occasionally I shoot a few rimfires, but rarely.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
marlinman93 said:
That's a tough one. For a number of years, the .32 rimfire was somewhat scarce, but then it simply dried up. A couple years ago I found a stash of 15 boxes of .32 rimfire made by Cannuck. I bought it all for $13 a box. Since then, I haven't seen any shootable .32 RF, and the collectable stuff goes $50-$65 a box.
I shoot mostly .32Colt CF in my 1891, 1892, and ballrd chambered for this cartridge. Occasionally I shoot a few rimfires, but rarely.
Your .32 rimfire Canuck ammo was made by IVI/Dominion Industries and should bear a "D" headstamp. The exterior of the case walls should have spiralling rows of impressed dots on them to ease extraction. Their last run may have been in the mid to late sixties- .32 RF ammo was still listed in the '67 S.I.R. mail order catalogue...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
394 Posts
Navy Arms marketed 32 Rimfire ammo for quite afew years. I believe it was made by CBC in South America. You may be able to find some of that floating around. Auction Arms and Gunbroker always have 32 RF and 25 RF for sale. Unfortunately, the prices can go way up when people get caught up in the thrill of bidding!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah guys,
there doesn't seem to be any Navy Arms .32 RF left in my area. And Old western Scrounger doesn't seem to have anymore either.

Guess I'm going to have to order a custom mould (from Lee maybe) and modify a pair of pliers to apply a light, crude crimp. I've got several boxes of .32 short colt brass, and I just found a box of .32 long colt that was reasonably priced. Then of course there's that CF pin I need to get from Wisner's.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I cast my bullets using an old Ideal tong tool with bullet mold. It gives me the correct size and heeled bullet.
Doc,
Yes, my ammo does have the "D" headstamp, but no marks or indents on any of the cases. They are smooth.
What's really interesting is the note on the side of the box:
"For revolvers, single shot pistols and single shot rifles of this caliber; also Marlin Model 1892 repeating rifle."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts