Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted a couple shiny Marlins at the LGS yesterday. First, was a model 39 hard chromed made in 1960. It said 90th anniversary model. Anyone here have one, or seen one? Price tag was $1200.

The other was a stainless 336 in 30-30 made in 2001 for $600.

Not sure if I want them, but they are interesting. Any input would be welcome. Both were in excellent shape.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
The 90th anniversary model is a steal at $1200.

·
Super Moderator
26,131 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'd be all over the stainless JM336 for 6 bills. Don't know the true value of either one though.
:dito:

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had to work a 12 hour shift today and couldn't make it to the gun store on the way home. After reading some posts, and a little research.....the 39 is worth more than I though. Perhaps I could work out a package deal for both with a trade in. Hmmmm, you guys got me thinking. Might have to work another 12 hour shift tomorrow. At least this will give me some time to think trade strategy.

I'll be back on Saturday with the results either way.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Best be careful, you know that old saying "You snooze you lose"!

Had to work a 12 hour shift today and couldn't make it to the gun store on the way home. After reading some posts, and a little research.....the 39 is worth more than I though. Perhaps I could work out a package deal for both with a trade in. Hmmmm, you guys got me thinking. Might have to work another 12 hour shift tomorrow. At least this will give me some time to think trade strategy.

I'll be back on Saturday with the results either way.

Reactions: Travlin
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.