Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What else is there to Say ???!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT..............

Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona had, "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...period." said Polk County Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd

An illegal alien, in Polk County, Florida, who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy, who stopped him.

The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area.

As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him.

They hit the guy 68 times. Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had."

Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes.

When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) .. ..

"When you are shot 68 times, you are naturally gonna die."

"Welcome to Florida, Y'all"

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
well that's wonderful, I have no problem if you are being shot at and in a life threatening altercation defending yourself no matter who you are! but, he said this??? "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...period." is not an ordinary citizen without a tin badge just as important than a cop! so accordioning to him we have no due process now? they decide who is guilty and who is not? and then they just execute who they see fit! see that right there is the problem I have with "law enforcement" they think they are the law, THEY ARE NOT THE LAW! THEY JUST ENFORCE THE LAW! they are just men and women public servants who work for we the people! THEY ARE NOY GOD! OR THE COURT! how about when a cop murderer's and unarmed citizen? and it dose happen often! I can prove it! should we drag them out of jail and murder them? GOD FORBID!

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
see what I mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;D

Reactions: PoopDeckPappy

·
Registered
625 Posts
...the first part may have been written by Bill Jordan, (but I doubt if there had been there B.J. that would have reached the point to interest SWAT).
maybe I'm wrong but, from a legal standpoint, I believe today it is more defensible, because more politically correct, the death of a suspect due during an erupted gunfight, however unbalanced and/or deliberately provoked, rather than by a single shot cold-fired by a police sniper, even if it would be the same natural cause.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Cops and first responders should have extra protection of the law. If one is shot the perp should be gunned down if possible. To the point nobody goes out of their way to take him alive. If a person will shoot a cop, he will not hesitate to shoot Joe Citizen. Shooting a cop is signaling you just don’t care. Professional crooks do not shoot cops, they don’t like to shoot anyone. These narco crooks are capable of anything and best thing for them is one behind the ear. Same as putting down an animal.

·
Super Moderator
26,036 Posts
Liberal media are so utterly brainless, they need need everything explained to them. Even then, they fail to get it.

Jack

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is actually a true story. Happened a few years ago if I recall.

This is another situation that the no nonsense sheriff dealt with.
Polk Deputies tried to pull Arenas over in front of a home on Wood Lane, which is about eight minutes from where the shooting took place. Arenas got out of the vehicle and ran into the home, which Judd said is owned by a relative of Arenas. Arenas barricaded himself inside a bathroom and the SWAT team was called. Judd said this was around 10:25 p.m. "Rudy is talking out of his head," Judd said. "He says he's on drugs and he talks about Fentanyl. Others have told us he was on a binge." Judd said while the SWAT team negotiated with Arenas throughout the night, he threatened to shoot them and himself. At some point during the negotiations, Judd said Arenas came out of the bathroom as if he was going to come outside. Judd said at that time, he didn't have the gun in his hand. Judd said Arenas ran back into the bathroom before coming out again, this time with his gun and hand in his pocket. Judd said after deputies shot him several times with beanbags, Arenas fell and dropped his gun. He picked it back up and pointed it at deputies, according to Judd. "That was his last bad choice," Judd said. "When he picks the gun up, and he's coming up in order to point it at the SWAT team, three of our SWAT team members shot him — a lot."

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Suicide by police.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
it is astounding to me that people are so blinded and are willing to give up there rights. if anybody is murdered it is one of the most serious crimes a person can do! I don't care if it is a prostitute or homeless person or a cop. but our system of justice demands that an accused person have a fair and just trial.

but the sheriff said ""You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...period."

I see my friends here whooping and hollering saying it is perfectly fine what the so called law enforcement officer said. he suppose to do just that, enforce the law, not say he is for the execution of an accused man! without a trial! when cops act like that and talk like that how can they be trusted? then they wonder why people hate them and have not respect for them. I know there are good cops, today I was in a grocery store line and in the line beside me was an elderly lady probably 75 or 80 years old. behind her was a young female deputy sheriff officer. I saw the cop pay for the ladies grocery's. that was a kind thing to do no doubt! but if that cop puts herself above the law we all have to live by including cops, all the kind acts she could ever do would never over come lawlessness. if you are for any mans rights being violated and trammeled on you better wake up! because you may be next! I wonder if the founders of our constitution would agree with this "sheriff",,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
26,036 Posts
Well, I completely understand your point OLSKOOL. Yet, the prep who executed the cop, injured another officer, and killed the police dog, was held up in the woods, if I recall correctly. SWAT team shows up to this crime in-play, and the prep opens up gun fire at them. What would you have them do, not fire back? Retreat?

SWAT returned lethal fire which I believe given the circumstances, was more than appropriate. Did they make certain the prep was dead, yup and acceptable given the preps crimes and actions against the SWAT team.

I think the Sheriff made a statement to warn other whacked out criminals, do what this whack job did and you'll pay the ultimate price. Again, I believe appropriate. Yes, the Sheriff did say, no arrest and you're just dead. I want to believe he stated out of immense emotion given the preps insane actions.

That said, if the prep had given himself up, I'm fairly certain SWAT would have taken him into custody to stand trial for his crimes. Then again, we'll never know.

Jack

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Well, I completely understand your point OLSKOOL. Yet, the prep who executed the cop, injured another officer, and killed the police dog, was held up in the woods, if I recall correctly. SWAT team shows up to this crime in-play, and the prep opens up gun fire at them. What would you have them do, not fire back? Retreat?

SWAT returned lethal fire which I believe given the circumstances, was more than appropriate. Did they make certain the prep was dead, yup and acceptable given the preps crimes and actions against the SWAT team.

I think the Sheriff made a statement to warn other whacked out criminals, do what this whack job did and you'll pay the ultimate price. Again, I believe appropriate. Yes, the Sheriff did say, no arrest and you're just dead. I want to believe he stated out of immense emotion given the preps insane actions.

That said, if the prep had given himself up, I'm fairly certain SWAT would have taken him into custody to stand trial for his crimes. Then again, we'll never know.

Jack
Jack I have no problem at all with them killing him dead! like I said everyone has a right to self defense, period! that is what I would have had them do, kill him! he did the right thing. but, the problem is his statement! """"You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...period."" he is a professional lawman and a servant to the people, not a self appointed vigilantly! I know cops are people to and they have emotions just like the next man, but the problem is all to often the power we allow them to have goes to there head! no I think he said exactly what he means! he had time to think about it before he said it! and if that is how he thinks and more importantly acts then he is placing himself above the law! there is a reason we have a bill of rights in this country, and we must follow them live and die by them. or we might as well tear them up and let every man be for themselves! by the sheriff saying he will basically hunt down and kill all cop killers with no trial might sound good on the surface but by doing that it opens the door up for them to hunt you down and kill you or your family with no trial or reasoning at all if they think in there minds you broke the law and now you deserve it!

in the small town I live near there is a little store. the elderly man that ran it for years use to call my wife another name other than her own, he had her confused with someone else. my wife never corrected him out of respect. then one day another woman starred at her and asked if she was Julie? my wife said no. she said my God you look exactly like a woman named Julie! then latter another person confused her with Julie. we never met Julie but people said my wife was a dead ringer for her. I was telling my wife last night about this conversation here. I said what if this Julie shot a cop in our small town and before he died he said my wife shot him, and another witness said the same. so without any evidence at all other than witness ID they came to my house and kicked my door in and killed my wife because in there minds she is a "cop killer" no that is how hitler and sadom hussain did things, in this country every man and woman has a right to be tried and heard, not murdered by thugs with a gun and badge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: shovelhead96

·
Premium Member
10,527 Posts
He has been around for a number of years and is on TV quit a bit. He does not run from questions and pretty much tells it like it is. He does not play when it comes to people shooting at his officers. I know they have had arrest before where law enforcement officers were arrested in a drug sting or such and he has no mercy on them either.

·
Premium Member
10,527 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grady_Judd

Grady Judd (born March 10, 1954) is the current sheriff of Polk County, Florida.
Biography[edit]Grady Judd was born and raised in Lakeland in 1954.[SUP][4][/SUP] He started working for the Polk County Sheriff's Office in 1972 as a telephone communicator. As the first deputy under the age of 21 in the department's history, he was required to get his father to purchase his ammunition.[SUP][2][/SUP] At the age of 27, he attained the rank of captain, supervising 44 employees, all of whom were older than he.[SUP][2][/SUP] He was elected as the sheriff of Polk County in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016.[SUP][5][/SUP] Judd has earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Rollins College, and has graduated from the FBI National Academy. He has served as an adjunct professor at both the University of South Florida and Florida Southern College.[SUP][6][/SUP]
Judd gained publicity as a sheriff with a "tell it how it is" demeanor.[SUP][5][/SUP] In 2006, when asked why his deputies shot a suspected cop killer 68 times, he responded "That's all the bullets we had." [SUP][7][/SUP]
In 2018, Judd stoked controversy when he tweeted a mugshot of a black inmate who stole baby formula to feed her child. He captioned it "Come on, girl! What were ya thinkin'? Steal baby formula in our county and you get caught". This raised the ire of many on Twitter due to the misconception by many that the suspect was a mother trying to feed her young child.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] In fact, the suspect had been housed in the Hillsborough County Jail since May 2018 for grand theft when the Polk County Sheriff's Office positively identified her and served a warrant with their charges. [SUP][8][/SUP] The suspect was also wanted in Manatee and Marion counties for the same type of crime. [SUP][9][/SUP]

·
Registered
625 Posts
…it's to be considered how, in the absence of the shock of such a statement, on which instead they focused, some media would have been equally ready to ask questions about the degree of preparation of the wounded/fallen armed officers, or any other hold against a probably deplorable Sheriff.
Sure, there is a certain difference between writing something analogous it in a book in 1965 (see B.J. quote) and declaring it at a press conference from an official position today.
respecting and understanding the previous considerations of all, the mere fact that the Sheriff has personally assumed moral responsibility, instead of dumping it on others, seen from here seems not a small thing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts