Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new 336c 30-30 here last week and took her out a couple times and have fired 40 rounds through her now. It has worked flawlessly other than twice a shell stuck in the mag tube. apparently catching on the lip that holds in the mag follower. both times the shell came out to the cartrige stop under recoil so therefor didnt cause a malfunction. But it may cause me problems when unloading some time when using it for hunting.

I guess it won't bother me unless it causes a malfunction when fireing some day. Has anyone else had this happen???? I don't recall it ever happening on my brother's 1988 model. hopefully this was just an isolated incident.

It has pretty darn good accurracy offhand with the williams 5d reciever sight installed. Haven't had a chance to go to the range for any bench work yet. Overall i am very pleased so far with this rifle other than this little incident.

Dan.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
It should wear in and work right.. could try some dry graphite for lube or call marlin and have them send you a new follower?? it may have burr on it no one caught..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think there is any thing wrong with the follower. Its catching on the lip that holds the follower in the tube i think. I guess i just have to try and shoot it a bunch before next hunting season and if it doesnt malfunction during fireing i wont worry about it. If it sticks during unloading i can always stick another shell in there to loosen it. I have 5 years of warranty so if something is wrong i'll have plenty of time to get it fixed i guess. And i have 3 other deer rifles to fall back on,lol :lol:

Dan.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am sure someone else has run into this and will post .. if not ask Tomray about it.. he may know a quick and easy fix for it..

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Sometimes I do not smart things, but I'd take it apart and have a good look at the "following" end of the magazine.

Having had this problem with an older rifle I detail stripped the rifle, removed the magazine and sanded the mouth of the tube with some 300 grit sand paper till I thought the problem should be resolved and it worked. Nary a problem since.

Now, you may want to send it back to Marlin. I'd think twice about enduring the problem, no matter how trivial when the fix is free.

Oh yes, what GJ said about Tomray, could be an easy solution.

SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts