25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shawnee Squirrel Hunt 2004...
Time for restart... Lets get to it.. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reddy to get rolling!

Is it time yet? The trees are neckid, did I miss it?

Oh dang, it's still March! I'm going back to sleep for the spring 'n summer...

See y'all in the fall!

Um, I spose I'll keep reading y'alls posts till then - snows a commin! -gbb :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
GBB-

Looks like you're getting the tail end of what we had here Saturday and Sunday- it started out as freezing rain and made a real mess of things. Mid September can't get here soon enough! In the mean time, there's rifles to tune and match ammo to, new sights and scopes to be sighted in, Schrade knives to be sharpened, and a small matter of paper punchin the BDT...... :p

-Flat Springs

-The forerunner of "modern" coiled music wire springs! :p

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep GBB,, suppost to be anywhere from 6in to a foot here by 7pm,, and sure looks like it will do it....

·
Registered
41 Posts
here in buffalo at 3:00pm there's already 5"-6" of snow in my driveway.I was going to go to the southern tier to pick up a gun I put a down payment on.That will have to wait till thurs.And I already dusted 2 chipmunks in my back yard this morning.I got my fill in for the day.

·
Registered
888 Posts
:( started snowing here around 11am the real fine stuff--I don't want to know how much we're suppost to get--just going to keep working on my gun stocks and pretend it isn't snowing :wink:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Came through here as rain, real nice here now. Birds are singing, frogs are croaking, fish are jumping out of the water yelling "catch me first Sarge". I keep telling you people to move south.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sooon enough Sarge, when "all things" allow... I seem to be hooked up to too much nice realestate up here to make my get away just yet... I want to hunt it and "ram around" up here a while more :lol: .

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
No snow here, just rain. The last two days it's been so foggy when I left work that it was hard to see a car 100 yards away with their lights on.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
COLD, WHITE STUFF.......ARE YOU KIDDING?? I knew there was a reason that I lived in the South.

I wish that I could ship some of this 80 degree weather that we have had for the past couple of days. It probably wouldn't take too long to melt that white stuff. In fact, I had to run my A/C in my Silverado most of the day to keep somewhat cool. It sprinkled rain a little early this morning but the sun came out and it really got warm.

If I never see another snowflake, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. I had to travel in a lot of snow over the years and I am glad that I don't have to do that now. It was very pretty at times but it was also very dangerous because you couldn't predict what the other drivers were going to do. From upstate New York, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, it seemed that I had to travel the most in the middle of winter. I definitely don't miss the snow, ice and cold weather.

·
Registered
888 Posts
EAGLE EYE 444 said:
COLD, WHITE STUFF.......ARE YOU KIDDING?? I knew there was a reason that I lived in the South.
I wish that I could ship some of this 80 degree weather
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80 ???? Now that hurts EagleEye444.-- :wink:

G

·
Well it look like we are almost to the half way point...only 6 more months left till Shawnee..time for me to start packing!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
gotta suffer thru turkey season then spring squirel season & crappie fishin then nite fishin . they stuck me back to 5 days a week after 2 years of tues-friday lol it anit easy but learning to cope again, mike

G

·
Hello my fellow squirrel hunters and "whodats".
I have been busy of late so not much posting time but have wonderful news. Found out today that our newest addition is going to be a boy. I will give this warning once and only once: If you have young daughters keep em locked up in about 15 years. LOL

Good Day All!

·
Registered
888 Posts
mike243 said:
gotta suffer thru turkey season then spring squirel season & crappie fishin then nite fishin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike -- ALL for ONE and ONE for ALL we'll be right there to suffer with ya' buddy--just hang in there till we get there-okay-LOL :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats Rusty.. to all both of you..

1 - 20 of 1159 Posts