Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Shameless Braggarts

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Sweetwater 
#1 ·
braggarts, rude behavior, each poor traits in a man. However, some times a guy just has to "share" a good experience with others. So, for your dining and dancing pleasure (sorry Wind) please observe. The Sharps made my day. Sort of screwed up a playing card as well. This at 50 yards, 405 grain Laser Cast and modest amount of Unique. Finally some decent shooting conditions. This round is on me boys. Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! Steve Technology Label Electronic device Logo Mobile phone accessories

See less See more
#2 ·
"If you done it, it ain't bragging." - Walt Whitman

Of course, I might have picked a different card than the "joker". :)

And I'll take a raincheck on the drink. :biggrin:

B

#4 ·
Steve - If you can deliver the goods it's not bragging, it's stating a fact. Well done, from a gun that made the west safe for Winchester,.... Sharps. Nice going. Shenandoah

#6 ·
I love it... nice shooting Steve. Love that song too. I think of one line from there in particular as I listen to or read the news.

Every time I hear "Justice is the one thing you should always find" I think "sure ain't enough of that these days". Else we'd never read about a repeat offender raping again.

In those cases a 'Jocker' pinned to the vest pocket of offenders would fit the bill. But I digress... Nice steady pull on that trigger finger you've got there. That's a picture I'da posted for sure!!

#7 ·
Great shootin'

#13 ·
Wind tells me a real tack driver should have hit the tack.
From anyone else that could be taken as a joke. From Wind, well I'm pretty sure he was serious.

B

#15 ·
"From anyone else that could be taken as a joke. From Wind, well I'm pretty sure he was serious."

B

No doubt Brian, Soon as I figger out how to shoot the tack and photograph it. I'll get on it. Once the tack is shot what's left to photograph? Then with my eyesight, I'll have to shoot at another "target" and hope I hit the tack, cause I sure can't see one at 50 yards. Can't wait for drier conditions so I can see a bullet strike and get the sights dialed in. Them thar dingers are in for a hurtin! That is, I hope.

Does anyone know where to get flour by the truck. If enough flour was spread around my dingers perhaps I could see bullet strikes and adjust sights accordingly.

On another note, anybody up for shooting bowling pins at extended ranges? I got a few that we could use as targets at this years WDRA. Hereinafter referred to as WDRA II. How about bowling pins at maybe 400 or 500 yards? Steve

#21 ·
braggarts, rude behavior, each poor traits in a man. However, some times a guy just has to "share" a good experience with others. So, for your dining and dancing pleasure (sorry Wind) please observe. The Sharps made my day. Sort of screwed up a playing card as well. This at 50 yards, 405 grain Laser Cast and modest amount of Unique. Finally some decent shooting conditions. This round is on me boys. Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! Steve View attachment 96463
Good shooting! Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

Cate

#23 ·
Thank you one and all. I believe in a real shooters hands it would do better. My eye sight limits me, or I could say that the rifle sights limit me. Regardless, I have myself convinced that the vertical stringing is a product of sight picture. Bit of an understatement but, rifles that shoot well make hitting so much easier. The rifles I've had to fight to shoot well never seem to do that good. While I'm undeserving to own a rifle like this, I'm lovin it and have no plans of ever parting with it. Steve

#25 ·
Over across the way in South Louisiana the would say you weren't bragging but establishing that rifles "Bonifides". Now if anyone were to ask about the rifle it would be expected that you would say, "dis rifle raht'cheer, She be Bonifide!" Then you would show the card to prove that statement and back up the claim.

Bragging would have been turning the card on edge and splitting it with your shots.

#29 ·
Hey WIND and Stevewhr!!

Got ya covered on the bonafides!! Tell 'em to give "Big Jake" a quick re-watch. Watch for the scene where Richard Boone comes into John Wayne's "cold camp" and produces a piece of Little Jake's clothing. Richard calls it "my bon-a-fi-day" (that he has the kid, who is John Wayne's grandson). A picture, or a video, is better than a whole bunch of words.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.