Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I think this one is would look good on a laminate stock as well when I get it finished.
Antique Metal

Problem is I had to enlist my wife's assistance on glockmeister's project, and when this one caught her eye she tried to claim it.I told her she couldn't have it because she doesn't have a rifle. She says she's going to go buy one.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I robbed the leather from my 336 30-30 and mounted the sling to the 444 to see how it would look and it actually fits the Monte Carlo stock quite well.
The slings look great with the butt cuffs that a9MMfan made for them.

Here's two sexy Fo Foty Fo's ready to go get some action.

Those look Great! Very nice indeed...

I think this one is would look good on a laminate stock as well when I get it finished.
View attachment 101666
Problem is I had to enlist my wife's assistance on glockmeister's project, and when this one caught her eye she tried to claim it.I told her she couldn't have it because she doesn't have a rifle. She says she's going to go buy one.
LOL.... Terry do you get to help pick out the correct gun model/caliber that "She NEEDS"? :biggrin:

Terry I think I might need a cuff like you have , pictured there with the Bear Track! Let's say with some 44mag loops and a sling to match...
When you get chance maybe you can let me know what colors you can do and any other info/options I would need to tell you... I'm in no rush but would like to plant the seed to grow on me....:)

Thanks
BloodGroove4570

P.S.
Can/Have you done any moose heads/scenes?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
LOL.... Terry do you get to help pick out the correct gun model/caliber that "She NEEDS"? :biggrin:
P.S.
Can/Have you done any moose heads/scenes?

Thanks
Yes, I get to help her pick out a gun. She's VERY recoil sensitive, so I'm thinking .444. :) But I already broke her heart and told her the cuff was spoken for.
Moose....
I've had a drawing of a moose head and a cuff blank ready to go for several weeks, but got tied up on a couple of projects. I'll post a pic when I get caught up enough to hammer out a sample moose head. Of course I prefer my "moose head" in a bottle, but I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 101666
Holy crap that deer jumping through the woods is incredible!
Put me down for one for a 336 or fab me a shell wallet with that on it....I'm down.

When and if you have time to get started PM me and I'll get you the funds out.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Pretty sure sure, that is the cuff 9mmfan is creating for me. Tell ya right now, this fellow is great to work with. Had the bear track idea, and he was right on it. I mean we only started the design phase a week ago. Just know, I'm really going to appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Pretty sure sure, that is the cuff 9mmfan is creating for me. Tell ya right now, this fellow is great to work with. Had the bear track idea, and he was right on it. I mean we only started the design phase a week ago. Just know, I'm really going to appreciate it.
Yep that's the one...Unless my wife ups her bargaining power. :) Good idea on the bear track. I had never thought of that, and then saw bigjeepman's holster a day or so after you mentioned it.
I'm thinking black stitching to match the background.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Wow that's some fiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeeee leather!!! Way to go all around!!

Reactions: a9mmfan

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Seems to me your an artist, go with what feels right, and yes black would be superior. Nothing like being deep in the brush, and seeing a fresh bear track between your feet, sorta makes life exciting.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, he's superhuman fast and a pleasure in the communication stages throughout.
A very rare treat and in my opinion operates in the way things used to be done back in the old days when people knew how to treat each other.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Those are some nice rifles!!!The leather looks absolutely beautiful awesome work a9mmfan!!!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I love that black leather on a XLR. a9mmfan that is very nice looking leather work you are doing. I am going to PM you about building a cuff and sling for my 444XLR with black and maybe a brown one on a stainless 1894ss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.