Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen one of these, check auction number 439976367 at gunbroker.com.........I've shot an xp100 in 350 Remington, but this might be a little over the top. Might be way cool to own though! I'd think that rollin pigs from the truck window would be one helluva a good time:beerglass:

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I had one of these in .45-70, three or four rounds and you could really feel it in your wrist and forearms, Sold it to a friend. it was fun.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Wow, it lookes like a hand-held cannon to me. What a beautiful piece!

Mike T.

·
Registered
123 Posts
"This is a Lightly used Magnum Research BFR chambered in .450 Marlin" LOL!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah, that would hurt.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It makes the 45/70 look pretty tame, however if the 460 wasn't ported then I'd bet it would be pretty close.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 6 lb Winchester feels like that after a few rounds but then again I'm not as tough as I once was.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The question is "Why?". Reminds me of shooting a friends 4" Smith 629. OK to try it but I don't want to own one.
My biggest issue with hand cannons is the muzzle blast. That is unpleasant to be at the same range when that thing goes off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bill you said it yourself!
"Always better to carry too much gun and too many cartridges..."
But.............Too many 450 cartridges might be to much to carry around!:hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
These looked fun - look like they might roll in your hand a bit, to lessen the load. I agree with Bill2311 on the S&W - I used to have a 6" Model 29 and there was no roll - the recoil was straight into your hand. Brutal then. 30 years later, I don't think I'd want to have one any more. These still looked fun though

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I am sticking to my 44 rem mag....just sayin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts