·
Registered
19,472 Posts
You done good!:beer:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a G-4211. It is a good safe. It is supposedly 14 gun but I modified it a bit and it holds 6 with easy access; I don't have to move this gun to get that one.
What did your modifications consist of?
A pic would be much appreciated

I was looking at the safes a cabelas recently, and some of the safes had long gun cradles on the inside of door and thought with 2 or maybe 3 on the door and 8 or so across the back this safe should pretty comfortably hold 10 without having to move any, with the added benefit of having my home defense gun in position one inside the door for quick access

·
Registered
280 Posts
Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.
Thanks

You may be interested in this
Browning Door Organizer - Small
https://www.gunsafesnow.com/browningdoororganizer-small.aspx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke with customer service today, and they no longer produce safes for long guns but she answered all my questions
DOM 2003
Wgt 270 lbs
not fire rated, so it's a heavy duty security cabinet
I was hoping to buy some barrel rest and scope spacers but they are not available any longer
It's still an upgrade from what I had, for $200 I'm happy

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have four barrel rests plus the two corners if you want them. Pay the shipping. You can cut the barrel rests and glue (PVC Cement) to make scope size spacers or possibly cut up the corners to use for extender blocks. I also added a small tray on the door. See the bright green in the picture.

Most fires rage beyond gun safes limits anyway. It is a good safe. Big enough and strong enough yet not unwieldy. I would buy another if I saw one. It stinks that you can't get additional parts for them though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have four barrel rests plus the two corners if you want them. Pay the shipping. You can cut the barrel rests and glue (PVC Cement) to make scope size spacers or possibly cut up the corners to use for extender blocks. I also added a small tray on the door. See the bright green in the picture.

Most fires rage beyond gun safes limits anyway. It is a good safe. Big enough and strong enough yet not unwieldy. I would buy another if I saw one. It stinks that you can't get additional parts for them though.
If you're sure you won't need them in the future I'll take them, thank you very much!
Would I send you the shipping cost through PayPal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts