Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at wallmart Walmart today they had a 30-30 Marlin in the case and I asked to look at it. Everything as far as metal looked good but wood to metal fit was terriable terrible. At the tang there was almost 1/4" gap, wood on the sides was uneven, and all at least 1/8" high at the lowest point. But at least the sights were on straight. The stock and forend was staind stained almost like a tan collar, and the wood looked like plastic. I know its wood but it sure dose'nt doesn't look like it.
Wish I new knew how to do spell check.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Well, spell check doesn't help if what you use is actually a word. So if you put down "new" and you really mean "knew" it's not going to help.

If you put down staind and you mean stained, then it will help. Set your browser to do automatic spell check and it will help you out.

As far as the wood on the Wal-Mart 336's, it's not walnut, it's birch with a nasty looking stain. I'd never buy a 336W. The old Glenfield guns were much better than what they are producing today as their "cheaper" 336.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I ment stained, my spelling is very bad, now I just have to figure out what a browser is.

If it dont say [JM] it aint a Marlin!
I bought one marlin from wallmart about 20 yrs. ago it has a wallnut stock I realy did'nt know how nice it was till I refinnished it last year, it has a lot of zebra striping in it, I got lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts