Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Not sure what you are referring to.
I believe you may be talking about see thru scope rings....
if this is the case, those will fit anything with a weaver base.
Weaver bases for a 336 will fit an 1894.

Reactions: JBledsoe

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,661 Posts
Yes. But I ask why.

See-Thrus sound like a good idea, but in realty they put your prime scope aiming sight in an awkward position. Next to impossible to get a repeat cheek weld with an eyepiece mounted so high . If a scope fails, fogs up, dropped, or damaged quick detach low mounts will make for a quick remedy for using your irons. Some classify See-Thrus as worthless, others rely on them.

All my scoped guns with back up irons use Weaver type rings, mounted as low as possible, that come off quickly with a twist of a coin.

JMHO. AC

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
They will work on the 1894 just like they work on the 336 -- by making both scope and iron sights hard to use.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ideally, your line of sight (aiming) should be as close to the axis of the bore as possible. This will give the least divergence between point of impact, and point of aim, especially at distance. Also, see throughs being that high, any bumps or blows to the scope will deliver a large amount of torque to the base and its attachment screws, increasing the chances of shearing them off.

However, to answer your question, a flat Weaver base will attach to the 336, the 1894, the 1895, and the 39, that I know of. In the unlikely event that your scope fails, and I never had it happen to me in almost 50 years, it's better have quick detach rings and remove the scope if you need to use the irons.

But hey, it's your rifle and you can do what you want. We'll still talk to you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.