Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, took a Marlin model 57 Levermatic 22 mag back to the shop I bought it from cause it took a cleaning rod to knock the fired case out. He filled out a repair slip and said no problem, I'll get it fixed for you. Looked on the wall behind him and a straight stocked, short Marlin. Asked him if it was a 45-70 guide gun, "nope, that's a 444 ported". :eek: This is the same shop I bought mine in a couple of years ago, only one I had seen and he has another!!! He hands it to me and not a mark in the wood, metal is great, hardly any mark on the hammer from hitting the firing pin. 01 serial number, asked him if he would give the the $ I paid on the Model 57 on the P, he said yes and now the house has another 444P. 8) $495 for this one. Then went to Cabela's and got the best deal I have ever gotten from them, 1975 35 rem. RC, marked at $520, out the door for $430. She's in fantastic shape with a Redfield 4X scope mounted and new White Line Pachmeyer pad. What a great day!! 8) DP

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Sounds like a good day to play the lottery. Talk about luck :eek:.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Congrats! You must be "tithing", serving the Lord faithfully! ( if not, NOW is a good time to start, He is big on gratitude! Ha. :-*

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good find,I can never find them in my area either.
JW

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
DP,

You were in the Right Place, at the Right Time!...............How many others own more than 1 444P?......The 35 Rem RC sounds real nice too..........

Hey, If I ever get out your way, and barrow that car,..........Will you lay one of those 444p's on the back seat, for me?................... ;D ;D

Congratsulations...........

Tom

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any time you get to Montana, car, truck or SUV and the 444P are yours to use Tom! (Somehow I don't think momma's gonna let ya borrow her 350 CLK, I barely get to :(). Lookin forward to doin a face to face meeting with you and a few others on MO's. Nicest bunch a truth-stretchin, ner-do-wells I never met! ;D DP

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the two 444p club.

I would only own one 444p, but I came across a NIB 444p a few months back that has some of the prettiest wood I've seen on a factory Marlin. I told the wife it's for my 4 month old son for when he gets older, because they sure don't make them like they used to.

I can't believe these 444p's are selling under $500. I guess it's because the ammo can be expensive.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
dpe.ahoy said:
Any time you get to Montana, car, truck or SUV and the 444P are yours to use Tom! (Somehow I don't think momma's gonna let ya borrow her 350 CLK, I barely get to :(). Lookin forward to doin a face to face meeting with you and a few others on MO's. Nicest bunch a truth-stretchin, ner-do-wells I never met! ;D DP
Likewise, DP......................You're a great guy!

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts