Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know where I can obtain a double or single side mount picatinny-rail that clamps to a Marlin 336 barrel and/or magazine tube so I can mount a flashlight?

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Reactions: drshaw4

·
Banned
272 Posts
Reactions: drshaw4

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Wild West Guns - Accessories I found this a couple years ago. When it gets dark during bear season, it goes on the guide gun, and when I get up in the mornin without gettin etted by a bar, I take it back off till the next night. Not beautiful but in bear country I like a weapon mounted light.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wild West Guns - Accessories I found this a couple years ago. When it gets dark during bear season, it goes on the guide gun, and when I get up in the mornin without gettin etted by a bar, I take it back off till the next night. Not beautiful but in bear country I like a weapon mounted light.
I purchased one of these recently, and it is an ok way to mount a light on your Marlin.

There are two set screws that hold it on the magazine tube, and you have to put something between them and the tube so the set screws won't scar the tube.

I use the Streamlight M6 laser/light, and there is some play in it when mounted in the light rail.

I would say for the price, $50 + $10 for shipping, that I wish there were a better option for a light rail.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Apparently their (WWG) price went up to $60 + $10 S&H, but NBD if it works well. I just ordered one this week for an 1895 (45-70). Will let you know how it works out for me.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Well a new option I'm toying with for my home defense lever is whenever I cough up the money, order an extra forearm, and I have some 4" picatinny rails that are made to be attached via allen head screws. I want to slightly notch out the extra forearm and mount one of these rails on it to allow for a light attachment with my daniel defense mount.

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

After dis assembly cut the center out. takes 2 cuts - be careful, use pliers to hold, it gets hot. Wear eye protection, and then smooth .

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
You can get a Similar One Without the Center Piece on eBay for Under $10 Shipped.
Would Save the Hassle of All that Cutting!
Great Idea by the way. Saw it & Thought; Damn, Why Didn't I Think of that?

·
Registered
181 Posts
for me it would be some medium zip ties and a rubber pad to stop flex and keep the tension on, simple release with wire cutters :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Reactions: gupvn759

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are a couple of options out there if you want to go "permanent".

I hae a WWW mount on my 1894 and it works fine.
Here is a picture w/o a flashlight on it.
A big plus is that is a rail so you have a lot of options.

new lwver full.JPG

There is a neat new mount that I use on my shotgun, that enables you to use you light as a weapon light or a flashlight in a couple of seconds. They make one for the AR-15 platform and should work well on a 336. I would not buy their flashlights. There are much better ones out there. I can attest to the fact that recoil does not dislodge it.

BeamLOKR :: Products

There is a good thread in the tactical forum, from a guy who made is own. Take a look. It is a good read.

Bet of luck,

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use one of these to hold a 1" diameter light to the mag tube on an 1894C. It is designed for shotguns so I cut a short piece if garden hose, split it and slipped it over the magazine before attaching the light.

http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=137

These work too but don't dismount as easily.

TacStar® TacStar Products your primary source for tactical accessories
I bought one of those for my Mossberg 500 18 1/2", the first was plastic but I can't remember the brand name. The plastic one just wouldn't be still- tried putting a small rag etc between the barrel/tube and the clamp but couldn't make it work- So i bought the Nebo above- works like a charm. I have a Nebo Redline attached now, this 500 is my bedside gun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts