Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1950 336RC (30-30) waffletop that I would like to put a scope on. I do not want to drill & tap it or put any holes in it that it did not originally come with. Does anyone know if they make a scout scope mount that does not require the rifle to be drilled. I want to keep it in original condition and my budget right now does not allow me to go a purchase another 336. Thanks for any info you can send my way.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sorry, the only ones I've seen require at least two holes in the forward part of the receiver. It attaches there and at the rear sight dovetail.

I would recommend a receiver sight. The holes for it are already there, and it would keep it period-looking. A lot of folks would tell you a good receiver sight is almost equal to a scope for normal shooting distances.

·
Registered
356 Posts
*******, There is no way to do it without tapping at least 2 holes in her pretty waffles. If you are going to keep the rifle, and want it set up that way, there is no harm and no foul IMO.

The premium for a waffle is about $75 over a tapped version. Not a lot of money but might make a difference I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts