Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just happen to buy this little gem. It is a 1895 cowboy 45-70 but a strange one!

Look at the lever and the rear sight. I have never seen a factory NIB Marlin in this configuration. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Aftermarket lever and rear sight. A very nice rifle though. It's a keeper for sure

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That's a Smith Enterprises rear sight. I have one on my H&R Buffalo Classic. Real nice sight, expensive (about $160). If your eyes are pretty good, it's a good sight. If your eyes are older, a tang sight is better, in my opinion. That also looks like a Mule Loops lever. They advertise on this site.

·
Banned
244 Posts
WOW!!!!! That's a really nice rifle. How much more did you have to pay for all the accesories? Or did you get it for a resonable price? Frank

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice looking rifle, but if you want to know if it's original, check the end Flap and then Call Marlin/Remington and ask how the gun was configured when it left the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Just a conspiracy theory. The gun was purchased and parts were put on by customer. Customer had problem/problems. Customer sent gun back to Remlin. Remlin couldn't fix it. Remlin bought the gun back, reboxed it and resold it. 8)

And yes UFO's are real.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
GreenMachine said:
Maybe when the rifle was made Marlin ran out of parts and got them from another source. Nice though.

Nope.........That never happened.

I think the lever is a DRC lever, and the sight is a Smith, too..................Nice rifle , accept the after market accessories and call it a good deal.........Or even a steal.

Tom

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nice rifle, I bet Big Foot did it. ;D ;D Jerry

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They are right. Nice aftermarket accessories. I paid $200 for the ladder sight myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts