Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Scoping the 1895G, base and ring questions

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JD338 
#1 ·
Hopefully I have a Leupold 2.5x20 on the way for my 1895G. What base and rings are you guys running that sets the scope low on the reciever? I was looking at the Weaver base and some low rings and then I saw the Leupold standard base with super low rings, and I am just curious what you guys are running?

Thanks

#2 ·
XS Lever Rail
Warne QD (Mid) rings.
Nikon ProStaff 2-7x32mm

For a 20mm objective, you should be able to use the Low mounts.

#3 ·
I am using a B-Square base with multiple evenly positioned slots instead of the Weaver base on all of my Marlin lever actions, 1895, 444's & 336's. On top of that I use the Weaver low regular rings and that positions the Weaver 1-3 scope perfectly for me on the stock and allows quick removal of the scope with stock iron sights usable.

#4 ·
I have a Leupold 1-4x20 with the Leupold standard base and low rings on my 1895g.
The hammer clears the scope by about 3/16".
With the Montana sling the whole rig is Made in the USA.
Weaver standard base and rings arrived for another gun today, made in China. Just a thought.
Sorry no pics.

#6 ·
Hi Bearcat,
I am using a Leupold 1.5-5x20mm scope, Leupold 1' QRW Quick Release Weaver style low rings and a EGW 1 piece Picattiny/Weaver Style base. With the EGW base and quick release rings I can remove the scope and use the standard sights if I need to. There is a groove on the top of the base to allow you to see your sights. When I get my camera back I will post pics.

#8 ·
I started to try a scout scope setup, and mind you I have never looked through one, I just can't make my self like the look of them. I understand the concept and like it, it's the looks that get me. I see some with a long rail like on an AR, peep sights, scout scope, flashlight, bayonet, ACOG, and a coffee maker on their lever guns.

I really liked the balance and feel of my 1895G with the Skinners on but I realized that apperantly I am not real good with the peeps over 100yds with the ghost ring. I was always either over or under a 12" piece of steel at 120yds.

I'll get some pics up of my rifle when I get everything in and mounted up.

#9 ·
I have a Burris 2.75 X 28 Scout scope on mine and I am using the Burris low quick disconnect rings and it sits so low that I can only get a sheet of paper between the scope and the rail. Great setup, the rings let the scope sit really low.

#10 ·
Leapers 1.5-4X28mm long eye relief Gen5 scope. Standard Weaver rings and two piece Weaver bases. Simple set up and with this scope syetem in place three shots in the same hole are now possible with this weapon. (that is if I do my part and not get too shakey!! ::))

I chose this system as I cannot deal with a scope a foot on front of me and to me it makes the weapon look goofy....The Leapers has ill. Mil-Dot and is fantastic on ranging stuff and giving me aimpoints for longer shots. The choice of the standard two piece Weaver base and the standard rings was that of simplicity. I don't like to complicate things.

Wade

#11 ·
Bearcat 74 said:
Hopefully I have a Leupold 2.5x20 on the way for my 1895G. What base and rings are you guys running that sets the scope low on the reciever? I was looking at the Weaver base and some low rings and then I saw the Leupold standard base with super low rings, and I am just curious what you guys are running?

Thanks
I'm running the scope you mentioned with Talley Lows. You could probably get by with Extra-lows, there is room with that scope. Very little weight is added, and it is a rugged combination.

I posted a picture in the "Scoping your 45/70" thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.