Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I want to play around with my scoped rifles and their optics. This is how I have them now:

Browning BLR .308Win with a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm (Use: red deer and wild hog on the plains 100-200-300 yards shots)
Marlin 1894S .44Magnum with a Nikon Monarch 2-8x32mm (Use: red deer and wild hog in the woods, close range, less than 100 yards shots)
Marlin 39A Golden 22LR with a Leupold VX-2 Ultralight 3-9x33mm (Use: small game hunting, 30-70 yards shots)
I also have available a Barska scope Plinker-22 3-9x32mm

How would you scope these three rifles with the four scopes available.

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like when I'm right I'm right!!!

One reply?, c'mon!!!!

Any suggestion for better scopes on each rifle? Don't matter if I have them or not!

Cheers

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I like to use the air rifle scopes on .22s. The better air rifle scopes have adjustable objective lenses which helps sharpen the focus, especially welcome for shots less than 50 yards, and the reticle usually has divisions for both windage and elevation hold off. Also the turret knobs are usually finger adjustable or may even be target knobs. (Center fire rifle scopes are parallax adjusted for 100 yards, and may not be in sharp focus less than 50 yards.)

I've got one of the Nikon ProStaff EFR 3-9x40 and an older Burris 4.5-14x40 Air Rifle intended scope. Both are excellent for the purpose. Stay away from the cheap one--Barska, BSA. Hawke air rifle scopes are supposed to be better than these, but I've not seen any first hand. Go with a Leupold, Nikon, or Burris if you can find one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts