Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 336 (1967 model) which does not have the fold down sight. I would like to mount a Redfield scope with a 33mm bell (as low as possible of course) without taking off the rear sight using Weaver style rings and a Rifleman base. Can anyone recommend a ring and height combo for this size scope and save me some trial and error?

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I have medium Quadlocks. They mount the scope pretty low but still clear the rear sight. I have them on my 1966 336 with a 2-7X32 and it sine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the rifleman low vertical rings on mine with a 36mm leupold. I had to remove the elevator for the rear sight and it doesn't touch now.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like low rings. I've used the see-through rings and it places my cheek weld way too high for comfort or accuracy. So....with low rings you have remove the ramp and fold down the sight, like Allill did. If yours can;t be adjusted, I'm guessing mediums might do it (depending on the manufacturer). You might have to go to a gun shop and dry fit a couple to be sure.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I just switched my Weaver see thru rings for a Weaver 63B mount and low (1 inch) Weaver Quad locks. I have a scope mounted with a 42mm objective, yours with the 33mm objective should be of with the same set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts