Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I just got a couple Leupold Rifleman scopes (3 X 9 X 40mm) to put on one of my .30-30s and a .35. Excellent quality, very reasonably priced - I used to pay max price for scopes and do not do that any more - I find that these Rifleman scopes do the job quite well and do not break the bank. Nikon has some pretty well-priced scopes that are very nice too - look at the ProStaffs. Most of my Nikons are Monarchs (very good, but a trifle pricey), and I have looked through some Prostaffs and they are very nice also, and not as expensive. AND - welcome to the forum from Southwest Louisiana!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
I like either a 1-4 X 24 or a 2-7 X 33.
For an 1894 I would think that would fit the bill just fine.
I'd keep it low profile as I could.
A 24 or 33mm will make that easy.
Lot of quality brands out there now.
Leupold, Vortex, Nikon, Weaver, Burris....
I try to steer clear of the china made stuff.

·
Super Moderator
4,352 Posts
I don't scope many '94's but when I do it's a fixed 4X or 1X4 at least 32 objective. Weaver, Burris, Redfield or Leopold. I've even found old TV screen Redfields that are in good condition on the cheap.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I just recently mounted a Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x 20mm Rifle Scope at 6.5 ounces with a DNZ base to my 1894 .44 mag. Its a very light, low, and compact set up and gives me the needed magnification for my aging eyes without being over magnified.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
My scoped Marlins wear either a Red Dot, 3X or 4X with two exceptions. I put a 3-5-10 A O Leupold on my .219 Zipper, mainly because I already had it, not being used, and saw no reason to buy another scope. The other is that one of my Mounties wears a tiny red dot most of the time, but it also has a Leupold 3-9 EFR Ultralight for special occasions such as giving target rifles some real competition.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
I have a Leupold VX1 3-9X40 on my 1980 Marlin 1894C.Clear glass.holds zero.Don’t care for the turrets much.
On on one of my Henry steel H012 357mag,I mounted a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9X40.Glass is clear.Holds zero.Turrets are great.I like it better than the Leupold because it is more user friendly.But shooting out to 100yrds either scope works great.
Both sell for under $200

Reactions: OLBIKER

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
Scope choice is very subjective but my personal preference is the Leupold 1-4x20 or 1.5-5x20 variants.
Excellent choices as they are not big, give just the right amount of magnification and eye relief, and are very rugged. I have one on a 1903A4 30-06 bolt rifle and it has been rock solid.

·
Registered
588 Posts
As already stated, scope choice is very subjective, my preference is for low power variables especially on a gun like the 1894.
I don't think you'll find eye relief to be an issue on the 94, most scopes today are pretty generous and the mounts usually have enough room to accommodate all but the shortest or longest of eye relief.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Scope choice is very subjective but my personal preference is the Leupold 1-4x20 or 1.5-5x20 variants.
I have both of those on Marlins plus a Vortex Diamondback 1.75x-5x by 32. For less then $200, the Vortex has good glass.

Reactions: Levers lately
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.