Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a scope for my 35. Don't need a long range model . Any brand have a big edge over the rest? Don't want to spend a
bunch, just a mid grade serviceable scope. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Scopes are very competitive in features and price. 1.5x5 and 2x7 will balance the rifle nicely. In the mid price range Leupold VX 1, is well respected and will probably give a greater return if ever sold. Burris, Redfield, Bushnell, Weaver, Nikon all make good scopes. Leupold and Redfield are USA made. Unfortunately, most if not all Burris are now out of country parts assembeled in USA.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Looking to get a scope for my 35. Don't need a long range model . Any brand have a big edge over the rest? Don't want to spend a
bunch, just a mid grade serviceable scope. Any help would be appreciated.
Leupold "Rifleman" 2-7x33mm on my Marlin 336C in 35 Rem.
Less than $300, accurate, crystal clear optics & tough.

I also use the Leupold ultralight 2-7x28mm on my 2 Guide Guns.
The ultralights are a bit more money and 4 ounces lighter.

Reactions: M700

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'd go for a Leupold scout scope 2.5x28.
Works a charm and no goose necking to find the sweet spot on the
scope when you change the power.

Reactions: M700

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I just ordered my third Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33mm for my "next" rifle that I haven't even bought yet. It sits low to the receiver in low rings and carries real comfortably on any Marlin. Here are two of mine with one on one of my 1895GS rifles (Weaver rings)and the bottom one on a 444P (Talley's) ...

The scopes can be bought at MidwayUSA or Natchez for less than $190 ...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I think it will be a Leupold by a nose. Like the fact it's made in the good ole US of A. Can't say enough good things about all the members on this site. Wealth of info & experience that can't be beat, and willing to share it with a newbie like me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.