Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a one piece scope mount for Marlins. Made in USA. Web site is http://www.dnzproducts.com
They have a $61 price for the medium mount, I paid $47 at the local shop. Just a note if anyone interested.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am using this mount on my 1895. It seems like a perfect solution as it extends the forward ring to a normal spacing, but does not look chunky like Brand L base does. It is also lower than Brand L which is a good thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have been switching the mounts on all my rifles to these or talley light weights.

·
Registered
188 Posts
TNWoodsman said:
I'm really wanting to try the Talley LWs. Natchez has them cheap.
the DNZ mount can slip with a heavy scope on a harder kicking rifle because there is only 2 screw per ring. I had to take sand paper to my DNZ on my 338 win, and rough up the surface, to keep my zeiss scope from slipping under recoil. they work fine on all my other rifles that kick a little less.

That's why I decided to go with the talleys on my guide gun. I got low set ones and if fit my redfield scope just fine and should fit most 40mm scopes too. The talleys have 4 screws per ring and more surface area for a better grip on heavy recoiling rifles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think I will use some duct tape on my DNZ mount if the 45-70 recoil moves the Leupold. Surely that will work fine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have 3 different rifles with DNZ rings on them. One is a 1895 45/70 and in the 2 years it has worn that scope and allot of shootin I have not had to adjust my zero. I think they are the best rings made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts