Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 35 rem that is not drilled for a scope mount and I am going to put a scope on it. Any one know what size screw and threds per in?
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Nailer... factory scope mount screws are 8-40... here is a link for the screw reference in the gunsmithing section... http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/new-reference-material/127430-marlin-screw-list-reference.html

What year is the rifle? if you have one drilled and tapped for a side mount peep. Williams makes a side mount bracket that screws to the two side mount peep screw holes and one new D&T'd hole near the front of the reciever... a little less work.. and a fewer new holes in the reciever... just a thought...

Reactions: glockmeister

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David, its a 1952 336a vintage. I have an identical 30-30 that I've had for years but I've always wanted a 35. It needs a new stock and scope but the blueing is in great shape. I suspect that the stock got cracked so it was retired and never fixed. Wish my eyes were younger and I would not need the scope.. thanks for the info. Nailer

·
Registered
244 Posts
Shame to see an old timer get drilled, but if it floats your boat and solves a sighting problem.....

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Nailer... sounds like a nice old waffle top you have ther... less the split wood that is... but simpler to fix th wood than beat up and rusted metal... we'd like to see pics before and after... :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts