Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XT22 Marlin in .22 Mag and want to use a Simmons .22 Mag Truplex scope. I need suggestions for a good mount and scope rings.
Thanks,
442man

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like mine as lo as I can get.

Do you have a local shop that might have used or allow you to test fit rings?

Not all are created equal!! Lo here is med there and hi over there are well skyscrapers somewhere else...

One of my 782 Marlins has a 6xx18 Simmons scope in MED Burris steel Rimfire rings.

On my other 782, I have been lucky to find Med UTG airgun rings fi my Hawke 3x9 about perfect. UTG rings tent to run tall. I know its a bit of a contradiction with my first statement, but the combo works well on my gun. I don't have a pic of this scope on the gun.

I had a 2x7 Leupold RF scope in old LO Burris rings

CW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cwlongshot your setup looks great! I also like low to get a better cheek weld. We have a new Cabelas that just opened so I'm thinking taking my Marlin to them. They have a decent looking rimfire scope for $69 and will mount the scope with proper rings if you buy their scope. That's probably the best way to test fit rings. Thanks for the info and pics.
Regards,
442Man

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a friend who bought a Cabelas caliber spec scope last spring... He liked it so much he has two more for this fall. ::)

Its a nice scope for the $$!

CW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts