Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this mount work on my .308MXLR:
Weaver Scout Scope Mount Kit - Marlin 336

Or will I wind up having to take off the rear iron sight to accommodate for the size of it?

Or am I better off to go with this one?:
Weaver 63B/63BS Top Mount Base - 48069/48447 for Marlin 45

Or do you guys have some that you really like better than either of these?

I don't mind the size of the second one, I just wish it had more slots to be able to adjust where the scope rings can be in case eye relief is an issue.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
leupold makes a base like the 63b,it has 3 slots rather than 2 .some folks cut a slot to suit them with saw and file.i have the leupold base for 336 with leupold aluminum rings on my 308 mx,about 30 bucks for the set.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Been using the second ones for years..... I have them on all my Marlin's except the 39A...... I wear glasses, and I have never had an issue getting the proper eye relief

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I use the Leupold mounts on mine I would go with them they work real well!!!!

·
Administrator
27,847 Posts
I use the Weaver 63B with Weaver 1 inch low rings. On my 308MX I mounted a Redfield Revolution 2-7X33MM scope with AccuRange rectile. Love it. I use a limbsaver recoil pad to add 1 inch LOP which I need and this setup gives me plenty of + or - movement for eye relief. Plus this setup slams the scope to the barrel for better accuracy. Last outing I got 0.5625 group. Here is what it turned out like.

DSC00115_E35%_2.jpg DSC00117_E35%_2.jpg

Jack

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the Weaver 63B on my 308MX, 338XLR and my 1895 GG. I have never had any issues adjusting the eye relief for various scopes. The Weaver has held up to high velocity (1750fps) 45-70 loads with the 425 gr cast bullets without a hitch. I haven't tried the Leupold mount, but their stuff has always been high quality, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one.

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts