Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to replace the scope mounts on my newest 336. It currently has a large set of see through mounts on it and I am wanting to lowere it as much as possible. The buckhorn rear sight has pieces missing so I may take it off completely. I am looking into some Leupold mounts and rings. I was just curious as to what everyone else may have.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
There is a lot of good stuff to be had.Personaly I like the Leupold/Redfield "twist-in style.They are good and sturdy and the windege adjustable rings are a big plus as I like to get a new scope close as possible before removing the turrent caps.

Weaver #63B and low rings are more or less the standard for most 32mm scopes.and yes you'll probably have to remove the rear sight if it don't fold down.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
My favorite rings, since I first tried them, are the Weaver Quad-Locks on a Weaver 63B base. They're rather attractively priced and are rock solid in use.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got a couple of Burris scopes for my 30-30 and 44magnum. I decided to use a 1-piece Leupold base and Weaver Quad-locs for the rings. Yeah, it's a mis-mash of parts, but for some reason, nobody carries reasonably priced, matched components, at their store when you need them. I find it stupid that Bass Pro or Cabela's doesn't carry Burris Signature Zee rings, but they carry rings that cost $100 from companies I've never heard of.
Del

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the #63B weavers on my older 336. I was looking into matching parts, but like Delbert said it is hard to find in the same store at times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone tried the rings that mount directly to the receiver without using a Weaver (or other style) rail? For instance, I found these on the Brownell's site: Talley Light Weight Scope Mounts.

I am planning on mounting an UltraDot 25mm Red Dot on my 336 and thought these rings would help keep it low and close to the receiver.

Anyone try or have these style mounts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.