Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running into a problem when it came to hog hunting. They are mostly nocturnal and I was quickly running out of volunteers to operate a spotlight. I started poking around trying to find a gun light. The only ones I could find were massive floodlights or expensive gun lights developed for law enforcement and military use.

I started looking into mounting a standard SureFire flashlight but I wasn’t having much luck. By chance I stumbled across a division of Lyman products, TacStar. They manufactured the perfect adapter that would allow the mounting of a 1” flashlight to a 1” barrel or scope.

The whole set-up really didn’t add much weight to the rifle. It can be easily removed by loosening two screws and sliding it off. It’s extremely bright capable of lighting up my back fence about 30 yards away. Piggies beware.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That is one cool rig drice. What kind of scope is your light mounted on? It actuall looks like a little extra length to the scope would be an advantage, though shorter and lighter is the in thing these days.

Will the light mounting rings accomodate a flaired scope?

SS

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sidespin said:
That is one cool rig drice. What kind of scope is your light mounted on? It actuall looks like a little extra length to the scope would be an advantage, though shorter and lighter is the in thing these days.

Will the light mounting rings accomodate a flaired scope?

SS
The Scope is a Weaver K2.5. A longer scoped might have helped some since it just barely fit.

The rings I purchased will fit any scope or barrel 3/4” to 1”. So if the scope has a 1” tube it should fit. I could see how a larger front aperture would get in the way of this setup. The flashlight doesn’t clear the elevation protection cap so I doubt it will clear a large front objective. They do sell flashlight rings in other sizes to it might be possible to mount it to the magazine tube. I decided against that option since I wanted the flashlight where it would be easy to access it to turn it on and off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts