Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what scope base to go with for my 1895, I really like the ranger point precision base and I also like
the XS sights Lever rail base. I don't plan on using open sights at all. Also as far as rings go, I'd like to go with the quick disconnect but can't decide what brand to go with, I've used Leupold, warne and millet in the past. Does the brand or rings matter. Thanks for any suggestions that you guys have to offer

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
You really can't go wrong with RPP base. I also use the Leupold QD rings to hold my scope. They are tough and have a lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong and you just send them to Leupold and they send you new ones. Also when I sight the rifle in with the scope I can take off the scope if I want to use open sights and then if I put the scope back on in the same spot it never loses the POI. A lot of guys here also use Warne QD rings. Just stick with a good quality ring and base. Open sights are almost a thing of the past with my tired old eyes. Welcome to the forum.:top:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have an EGW rail and Leupold QD rings.
This is my set up as well. It never has moved since I put it on. I use the scope during the break of day and twilight to determine horns or not. Then I remove the scope so I can use the peep sight. I love the set up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, I'm definitely going to go with the RPP base. As far as rings go what do you think about the weaver grand slam quick release rings

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
This is my set up as well. It never has moved since I put it on. I use the scope during the break of day and twilight to determine horns or not. Then I remove the scope so I can use the peep sight. I love the set up.
:dito:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Thank you Officer29. I like the Leupold rings also but on RPP website it says that Leupold rings won't work with their base
Hmmm, I have an EGW rail on mine but if you send Randy a message on this forum and ask about the QD rings he will get back to you pronto. He is great to work with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts