Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 444s with a barrel length of 17-17.5 inches. This firearm was made in 1976 and the barrel is stamped JM. Has this barrel been cut down or did Marlin make a barrel this short? I always thought the shortest barrel was 18.5.

Has anyone mounted a EOTech red dot on their Marlin with a 3x magnification? What scope base did you use?

I also own a 444s made in 1977, stamped JM, 22 inch barrel with a Leupold 8m 4x compact scope. Reason I thought it might be interesting to mount an EOTech on my other 444s firearm.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The 17.5" barrel has been chopped.

EOTech... Any fully-slotted Picatinny or Weaver rail should work. Depending upon the model you have (or intend to buy), you may be able to get away with a single Weaver-style scope base.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Ranger Point Precision makes a fine rail for a lever gun. I have a couple of mini red dots on a couple of 1894's.
Red dot 1.JPG

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Mini Red Dot is from AT3 Tactical. Under a hundred bucks and really low price on sale. I bought two on sale. Takes a pounding on this 44 mag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an EOTech L3 and a G33 3x magnifier. The firearm has a weaver base (had a Bushnell mounted) that is about 5 inches long. It is not enough base to accommodate both the L3 and G33. I seem to recall seeing a longer base that required the removal of the sight, but permitted mounting with longer eye relief.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I have a picatinny atop my 1894c, and mount an Aimpoint from time to time. Seen here on my favourite 100yd range.

20181102_122428-2.jpg

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I have an EOTech L3 and a G33 3x magnifier. The firearm has a weaver base (had a Bushnell mounted) that is about 5 inches long. It is not enough base to accommodate both the L3 and G33. I seem to recall seeing a longer base that required the removal of the sight, but permitted mounting with longer eye relief.
XS Sight Systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts