Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 39M (1980 I think). Where can I find a scope base? (not midway). I'm going to try a Skinner sight, but my eyes (even with glasses) may need a scope. Right now, with factory sights, it shoots about 4" high at 25 yards with CCI standard velocity. The rear sight is as low as I can get it.

32-20 (Richard)

1894 CL 32-20
1894 44 mag
Rossi 38/357 carbine

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Maybe someone on this site has a base they will sell you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
32-20fan said:
I just bought a 39M (1980 I think). Where can I find a scope base? (not midway). I'm going to try a Skinner sight, but my eyes (even with glasses) may need a scope. Right now, with factory sights, it shoots about 4" high at 25 yards with CCI standard velocity. The rear sight is as low as I can get it.

32-20 (Richard)

1894 CL 32-20
1894 44 mag
Rossi 38/357 carbine
Richard, do you still need a scope base? I have come to like the Skinners so well that it's unlikely I'll use a scope again on any of my Marlin lever actions.. PM me and I'll send you my scope base & screws at no charge.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
32-20fan said:

32-20 (Richard)
Just for future reference, Numrich/Gun Parts has had both types of factory bases and just the screws, if someone's just buggered those. I've had to get one new screw myself due to previous Loctiting.

Are you sure your front sight is factory original? It may not be your eyesight. Easy enough for some previous owner to substitute a different one and have it too low. And easy enough to swap out for a different one of the proper height. Measure the height and see what Brownell's has for the next size up.

Stan S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the replies. I might try ultramag44's solution. Did you drill and tap the spacer to fit the holes on the receiver, and then drill and tap it to hold the base? Or did you use the same holes all the way through? Marlinmounter, I'll send you a PM. Thanks again all.

Richard

·
Registered
144 Posts
32-20 fan, cannot find your PM email address; do not know whether you received the 39A scope mount I offered and sent. Also included a hammer extension for you. You should have gotten it by now and I would think would have acknowledged it, but if not received, please let me know so I can trace ithrough USPS.

Marlinmounter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts