Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to break any rules here and I don't have a link to share, but I did fondle a JM 444 today and it was in pretty good shape. Serial started with 07 and it had a cheap scope on see through mounts for $550. I have no association with the gun or the seller, just passing the information on in case someone wants to look into it. It's in Central KY at a place called Barren Outdoors, I think. It was my first time there. I did buy a partial box of Hornady 265 gr. FP (14 rounds) from them for $20!

Mods, if this is a no-no just nuke the post and please accept my apologies.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I've been lookin for a 444 for a few weeks now and they're about as scarce as uranium in Georgia.....:(

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
I don't think that just mentioning that you saw a Marlin sitting in a gun shop is any kind of no-no. Sounds like a decent price though. Somebody from Ohio may want to know about it.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kybob lives in that town, you might convince him to snap a picture of it for you, He's s purty fine feller indeed...........and of course he loves Marlins. I think he's on the hunt for one of the hyphenated ones, so maybe he wouldn't snatch it away from you and run. :vroam:

If I didn't already have one, and hadn't just bought a tractor...........It would be me showing you all the pictures, of my new rifle. Good Luck to whoever gets their name on it first. (Oh, it did say Micro-Groove on the barrel)

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes some one here in Ohio will want it because of the new deer hunting regulations. The state is allowing pistol cal. Cartridge this year. Awesome, and here I am with a marlin 444P in 444 marlin. Look out whitetail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts