Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad the stock was broken and there were screws missing. He was asking $325 for it and wouldn't take less. The metal looked OK but a new stock, and fitting it would be more than I'm willing to spend. I couldn't see the serial number, it was under the lever and it had a tie strap holding it closed. It looked like a late 50s or early 60s gun.

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Plumber said:
Too bad the stock was broken and there were screws missing. He was asking $325 for it and wouldn't take less. The metal looked OK but a new stock, and fitting it would be more than I'm willing to spend. I couldn't see the serial number, it was under the lever and it had a tie strap holding it closed. It looked like a late 50s or early 60s gun.
I guess they can remain the proud owner of said rifle.Way too much $ for condition.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back to the gun show today. The gun was a J (1952) not D&T. I can't belive the guy sold it for $325 before the end of the show today. Any gun that badly broken, and with parts missing scares me, and I just wonder what else is missing inside.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What's missing??
Brains from the guy who paid that much for an incomplete project kit....

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's also possible someone had a spare walnut stock from an other project. He would still have to fit the stock to that old gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts