Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MM picked up a Savage Rascal at BW's on Monday.

Savage Arms

It is a single shot, bolt action, super LIGHT WEIGHT, youth, 22lr rifle. They come in different colors and he got the black composite one. They come in a wood stock version too.

We only had enough daylight left to shoot 20 rounds through it at our range. WMFG

It is a tack driver and we only used two types of ammunition today.

Federal bulk pack and Federal Auto Match. We did not have time to try out some Federal American Eagle or CCI.

I did not have time to shoot the Henry Golden Boy rifles in 22lr and 22magnum on Monday evening.

We will have fun shooting this Rascal!

Cate

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Catherine, sounds to me like you and MM had a great time with the .22 single shot. I am a fan of SS's also, mine are just a tad larger, one .243 and one in 45-70. I know, I know, us kids and our toys. Y'all take care, John.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Catherine, I picked one of the Rascals for the wife, she's a small lady (big temper when riled), loves to shoot the little rifle with the grandkids when we go to our place up-state New York. As seniors the .22's are mostly all we shoot now, passed most of the bigger stuff on to the sons and daughters, I'll shoot my .30-30 during the deer season. Best to you and MM.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Catherine, I picked one of the Rascals for the wife, she's a small lady (big temper when riled), loves to shoot the little rifle with the grandkids when we go to our place up-state New York. As seniors the .22's are mostly all we shoot now, passed most of the bigger stuff on to the sons and daughters, I'll shoot my .30-30 during the deer season. Best to you and MM.
Cool story on your wife and grandchildren!

Please give your wife and family my best wishes. We are in our 60's here! :)

I have been shooting this rifle some more and I shot it again on MM's last day off work.

I am getting used to shooting a bolt action rifle some more. I only shot a few in my life and I NEVER OWNED ONE. This one is MM's but I shoot it. I did not care for the FEW bolt action rifles that I shot in the past that much but I LIKE THIS ONE. It is a BIT SHORT in length for me at 5' 3" tall but I still enjoy shooting it. I know that it is meant for kids and shorter people but I still LIKE it!

I am more used to a single shot falling block action (Formerly owned sweet Steven's Favorite.) and LEVER ACTION rifles the most.

The light weight of this rifle helps me a LOT on a 'sore day' and it is a tack driver.

MM said it was a tack driver when he shot it too. He had fun shooting it and he is 6' 1" tall.

Cate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts