Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rifle was a Savage model111 in 25/06 pre accutrigger with a SSS trigger adjusted to 2.50 lbs Distance was 100 yds shooting from a rock solid rest scope is a 2.5x12x44 Tasco Varment with mildot reticle the one shot out of the bull was a called flyer Ammo was winchester 120 grain silver box

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
skwirl said:
Rifle was a Savage model111 in 25/06 pre accutrigger with a SSS trigger adjusted to 2.50 lbs Distance was 100 yds shooting from a rock solid rest scope is a 2.5x12x44 Tasco Varment with mildot reticle the one shot out of the bull was a called flyer Ammo was winchester 120 grain silver box
Nice! Just curious, what year model is yer Savage?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LT said:
Nice! Just curious, what year model is yer Savage?
Its pre accutrigger so it makes older than 2002 ,but i dont know the exact year

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
If you want to know exactly when it was made just contact Savage Customer Service. They can advise the year made.

There is also a thread on the Savage Shooters Forum where you can submit your serial number and they can tell you the year made but you need to sign up to post on the forum.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they still charge you to sign up????

Yes they do $12.00 a year ......I dont mind being asked to contribute......BUT I aint given them $12.00 just for the priviledge of veiwing their site

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
skwirl said:
Do they still charge you to sign up????

Yes they do $12.00 a year ......I dont mind being asked to contribute......BUT I aint given them $12.00 just for the priviledge of veiwing their site
Call customer service @ Savage and they will give you a contact # for John Callahan. He has all the historical info for Savage firearms. He was able to tell me exactly what day and month my 110C was made.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Boy those Savages sure are accurate... :) Ugly as sin, though. :mad:

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how can you call this ugly

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I love my Marlin Levers but my Savage .22LR and .22 Magnum bolt action rifles put holes inside holes at 100 yards - - - - - and these are all factory stock as you see 'em - - -

My SAVAGE MKII BSEV .22LR and my Ruger MKII COMPETITION SLAB SIDE BULL BARREL .22LR:

My SAVAGE 93BTVS .22Magnum and my Ruger SINGLE SIX Stainless HUNTER .22Magnum revolver:

- - - and in my eyes they are all gorgeous!

GB45

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
MarlinXL7 said:
Boy those Savages sure are accurate... :) Ugly as sin, though. :mad:
Depends on the model... my 110C is a decent look'n bolt gun. Not fugly or gorgeous.. just middle of the road. However, my Grandfathers 1951 Model 99R in .300Sav I inherited is a beauty ;)

·
Premium Member
12,379 Posts
Nice shooting Skwirl!

Savage has been building accurate bolt guns for quite a while - they're good.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
my 111 in 300 shoots better than my 30-06 111. i coulndt figure that one out so it donated itself to a custom mcgowan barrel in 6mm remington.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
skwirl said:
how can you call this ugly
Compare them to this Ruger...now you know!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Savage makes accurate rifles. And they have for some time... But here's the results of a fairly recent Model 10 in 308, its just before accu-trigger came out. These groups were shot about the same time American Rifleman published a review of a $3000 MacMillan rifle that shot 2-3" groups at 100 yds.

Getting ready for deer season- my then 14 yr old and I did this with his $279 Savage Model 10 in 308- with Barnes 130 Gr XBTs and 50 gr of RL-15:

Now that is an accurate rifle. And not bad shooting for a then 14 yr old.

We also have a 325B in 30-30 that shoots .88" groups with Speer 130 FPs.

M

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Halwg said:
Compare them to this Ruger...now you know!

+1

And then there's Remingtons, and Sakos, and Steyrs...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
MXL7,

You're right! I bought one (M111) clip fed 7mm Mag. from Dicks for $399.00 with a cheap Chinese 3-9X scope just to play with at the range.
I adjusted the trigger (non Accu) down to 3 1/2# from close to 5#. It's clip fed and piller bedded. It shoots real nice but sure doesn't like a clean barrel. I'd buy another in a heartbeat !!!

Rifles are like women----the ugly ones need lovin' too ! ;D

Hip

1 - 20 of 22 Posts