Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not pass up this deal for $400 to add a 243:to the heard. Going to order a 338 Federal barrel to put on and maybe make it a switch barrel gun, or maybe just buy another one tomorrow. Can't really beat the deal. They also have 308, but with a 20" barrel. Also, 6.5 Creedmore with a 24" barrel like my pictured 243. Just not a fan of the Creedmore reloading components wise. My stock pile is in 243, 284, and 308 bullets.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love the Savage action! I probably have more Savage bolt actions than any other brand. They're easy to make shoot good, and they're very modular and easy to work on. That's beneficial to me because I'd rather tinker with it myself to fix it. I've re-barreled several of them over the years.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just had two Rem 700's blue printed and rebarreled for a little over $800 a piece using my reamers. Savage is the way to go for custom rifles. I can rebarrel one in my basement in any caliber for under $500. The other option is a Defiance action and Lilja barrel for $1600, but have to add a trigger and stock for another $750. For a guy who just wants a highly accurate hunting rifle, you can't beat the Savage action and pre fit barrels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts