Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to two Pa. shows on Saturday. The first was a small show in Mont Alto, Pa. at a fire company. looking for any nice Marlin levers. There was a few there but nothing I wanted to buy. Left there and went to the Harrisburg show. Prices were high there and found nothing. There was a dealer at Mont Alto that my SIL made a trade with last fall with a rifle I wanted and he traded it with out me knowing he was going to trade. I did not see it there and told him I would have tried to buy it if that guy still had it. He said it was there and I missed seeing it. So back to Mont Alto to see if it was still not sold. It was there and he wanted $750 for it and I asked what he would take and he said what he gave my SIL plus tax. So that made it $640 OTD. Did not even have to think about it and did the paper and paid for it and left there smiling. This is a hard model to find. Tikka 595 223 Continental 26" heavy barrel. Tikka T3's are easy to find but not so with the 595. Here is a picture of it. I had scope bases for one but not sure what I will scope it with. Maybe look for a fixed 12X Leupold.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Never heard of that Model but the Tikka's are some fine rifles!!!! That one there is a beauty!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad he still had it and was reasonable with the pricing. Congrats.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Very nice rifle. What action is on it?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Glad you got it! :congrats:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sounds like you were so intent on finding Marlins you missed that rifle the first time. Glad you did some asking and found it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice rifle. What action is on it?
It is a m595 Tikka action. It has been replaced with the T3 action now. I like the 595's better. Tikka is owned by Berreta and Sako and some say the Tikka has a Sako barrel. I had two and they shot better than my Sako varmint models and that included a 6 PPC Sako. The stock is very much like the Sako Varmint. These actions are super smooth operating. Very hard to find a Continental for sale right now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice, congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts