1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,694 Posts
If convicted, they ALL should lose their jobs, pensions AND go to jail...just like anyone else! Man, glad I live in a "free state" (at least for now), where my God given rights aren't dictated by some Sheriff!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
"If convicted, they ALL should lose their jobs, pensions AND go to jail...just like anyone else! Man, glad I live in a "free state" (at least for now), where my God given rights aren't dictated by some Sheriff!"

Not sure they would lose pension. Depends upon are they eligible for early retirement. I know of a case where a federal employee raped his step daughter and his wife caught him at it. He pled no contest to the charges and was fired from his job for "moral turpitude". He served no jail time except for the two days of his arrest, sued to keep all benefit and and won as he was at the time of arrest eligible to retire with all bennies. It would not surprise me if the sheriff and her number two get the same deal if they have the time in. Yeah, I know it ain't right but such in life.
Paul B.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Super Moderator
13,209 Posts
"If convicted, they ALL should lose their jobs, pensions AND go to jail...just like anyone else! Man, glad I live in a "free state" (at least for now), where my God given rights aren't dictated by some Sheriff!"

Not sure they would lose pension. Depends upon are they eligible for early retirement. I know of a case where a federal employee raped his step daughter and his wife caught him at it. He pled no contest to the charges and was fired from his job for "moral turpitude". He served no jail time except for the two days of his arrest, sued to keep all benefit and and won as he was at the time of arrest eligible to retire with all bennies. It would not surprise me if the sheriff and her number two get the same deal if they have the time in. Yeah, I know it ain't right but such in life.
Paul B.
I have a feeling you're right. The only thing that she said before taking the 5th was that she has worked for the sheriff's office for 47 years!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
No one is above the law, even the law.

Call me a cynic, but I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of back door way of nullifying CCW applications approved in Santa Clara County for the past 47 years? Being CA, I can't imagine this can amount to that many, relatively speaking.

Reactions: Cowboy23*

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Should get the Pete Rose treatment and be banned for life from ever holding a position that remoting involves upholding/enforcing the law; black ball 'em. Someone should start a database. Hey, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
No one is above the law, even the law.

Call me a cynic, but I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of back door way of nullifying CCW applications approved in Santa Clara County for the past 47 years? Being CA, I can't imagine this can amount to that many, relatively speaking.
If it is like here in "Libertardland" the Chief of Police has the sole discretion to allow or deny any CCW permits and they deny almost all unless you are well connected or have "A compelling Reason" to carry (And the Chief decides what is a "Compelling Reason"). Because they deny most is is actually easier to investigate the reasons of why those that were allowed because so few are allowed. To me if proper procedures are followed and all the requirements to CCW are met there should be no reason to infringe on citizens 2nd A rights.The fact that they boldly violate your rights shows that they need to be sued. And it is very ironic that she hides behind the very same rights that she violates for her defense.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I see she tried the "crying routine" on the stand........poor her.....boo freakin hoo..... I guess she forgot that little thing called an "oath" she took when she was hired.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
She was crying at the thought of losing her retirement check.
Isn’t it funny how human nature propels the sociopaths into government?
R/Griff

·
Registered
486 Posts
Old news,... democrats/socilaists/marxists, around the world, take authority from the masses for self profit.

Dems/socio's/and marx's have been acquiring authority to regulate USA citizen's exercising
their God Endowed Inalienable Human Rights for almost a century, now! Only to offer those
Rights back to the masses, for financial gain or more authoritative power!

This is why they promote the propaganda slogan of " CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS"!

No such thing exists, but, if they can convince the uneducated, that their RIGHTS come from the US CONSTITUTION,... it would then be a simple matter of changing the US CONSTITUTION to take away all Human Rights or, steal the authority to profit from RIGHT'S reinstatement!

Hence, also, their agenda to KILL GOD in our society,... NO GOD, NO CREATOR ENDOWED INALIENABLE RIGHTS existing outside of their stolen, authority, grasp.

Hence, creating a HUMAN RIGHT PRODUCT for them to sell, to the uneducated, seeking the have their RIGHTS freed from infringement !!!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
She was crying at the thought of losing her retirement check.
Isn’t it funny how human nature propels the sociopaths into government?
R/Griff
She was not crying about the retirement because she knows that her legal fees for a lawsuit will be paid by the Taxpayers while she is relieved of duty while still on the payroll. She was more sad about losing all that side action money and kickbacks.

Reactions: jgriffin1988

·
Registered
242 Posts
Doesn't surprise me in the least. When I was living in Kitsap County, WA, you had to apply for your CCW with the county sheriff. The sheriff was anti-gun in general, and was a real "unique" individual. Since WA is a right to carry state, he was forced to accept pistol permit applications that he didn't want to do.

So he engaged in Tom-Foolery. "I'm not staffed to do all this, so... I'll accept new CCW applications on Tuesdays between the hours of 0800 and 0900. Since I don't have the staff, I can only accept the first 4 people in line."

I believe that he had one deputy assigned as an investigator for the background checks, but that was only a part time collateral duty.

Some people tried suing, but the courts found that his actions met the requirements of the law.

Some people were waiting up to a year to get their permit. Yet amazingly, all his friends, his donors, and any member of the democrat counsel got theirs almost at will.

Sadly the old adage is true. It's not so important what you know, as who you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts