Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposing ineffective and unconstitutional firearms restrictions following a mass murder has become a tradition in major American cities. This time, San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo is proposing two draconian new measures following an attack in his city that left nine people dead. Liccardo is planning to ask the city council to back a proposal that would require all gun owners to purchase liability insurance and pay an annual fee, and mandate that gun stores video record firearm purchases. The mayor believes gun-related violence and mass murders are the result of the “system that we have created,” and he aims to change that system in his city. “What we are proposing are initiatives that have not been tried before in recognition that what has been tried and implemented hasn’t done enough,” Liccardo told The Mercury News. “People may believe that gun violence is unpredictable and irrational, but in fact, it is a result of the system that we have created and it will continue to be that result until we change that system.” ...- Jordan Michaels

Read more: San Jose Mayor Wants Mandatory Gun Insurance and Video-Recorded Gun Sales - GunsAmerica Digest

Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
Do some research into the shooting. A guy who was dumped on by his co-workers for years took out specific targets. He walked by and said hello to people he knew and liked, then went over to shoot someone else. He even told one guy "hey, hi, I'm not gonna shoot you" and proceeded on to find guys he wanted. He was settling some old beefs.

Of course the Police are still searching for a motive. That's their standard line. All the handguns were legally purchased, and in compliance with California restrictions. No new laws would have prevented this tragedy.

·
Super Moderator
33,791 Posts
Do some research into the shooting. A guy who was dumped on by his co-workers for years took out specific targets. He walked by and said hello to people he knew and liked, then went over to shoot someone else. He even told one guy "hey, hi, I'm not gonna shoot you" and proceeded on to find guys he wanted. He was settling some old beefs.

Of course the Police are still searching for a motive. That's their standard line. All the handguns were legally purchased, and in compliance with California restrictions. No new laws would have prevented this tragedy.
I said the same thing, when I seen who was shot......! People was abusing him at work.
My two cents on this.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
430 Posts
1.) Insurance requirement is an end around registration ploy. One that only law abiding gun owners will abide by; criminals won't care, because... Why would you insure a stolen gun? And... If it was insured, would that really prevent it from shooting anyone? I mean we have laws that make that illegal, and that didn't stop it?

2.) Most stores are already video recording ALL sales, let alone all gun sales. How exactly is a video recording of a gun sale going to prevent the individual from shooting anyone? I mean we have laws that make that illegal, and that didn't stop it?

These changes will change nothing.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
will this apply to law enforcement officers as well? what a moron,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
374 Posts
What a Freakin' MORON!! I'm sure those laws will magically make all the felons who cannot legally own firearms rush right into a local Gun Shop so they can video them trying to legally purchase a firearm. And then when that doesn't work (he'll be turned down on intsacheck) and he buys a stolen firearm from a street thug, he'll run right into his insurance agent's office to get that policy. Like I said before..... What a Freakin' MORON!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Gun ownership is a Civil Right.

It has been said, "The pen is mightier than the sword". Anyone that speaks publicly, posts on social media, etc. needs to be video recorded and be covered by insurance to prevent lies, fraud, incite violence, etc. The "news" media, of course, needs to pay extra and carry extra insurance for their "Concealed carry" permit for them to be allowed to continue to conceal the truth and distort facts.

Of course there needs to be video of everyone voting to prevent multiple votes. Absentee ballots will needs to be accompanied by notarized SD cards. This is a "common sense law" to prevent voter fraud. Voters of course will have to be covered by liability insurance when their political propose restrictions on Civil-Rights or pass unconstitutional laws...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Virtue signaling at its best. Gosh I'm glad Dad, at Moms insistence, got out of the crazy state years ago. Sure wish they would succeed from the Union. Would do the rest of us a whole bunch of GOOD!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
He is trying to impose or force gun owners to purchase insurance of which there is none. There is no liability insurance that will cover shooting other individuals and the lawsuits that would follow. Just on the surface it is discrimination. Then no insurance company would provide that kind of insurance. It would cost so much you could not afford it. Now comes the real motive: If you cannot afford the insurance you must surrender your guns. It is the beginning of gun confiscation.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
I said the same thing, when I seen who was shot......! People was abusing him at work.
My two cents on this.

ca'jun56
Cajun56--You are on the right track. I have seen corporate bullying done to people who are straight up and openly disagree with the "click" groups at work. They give them all the jobs that the pet employees do not want and give them all the real bad shifts to work. Also use them to blame for any job failures when the "Golden Boys" screw up. There is always 2 sides to a story. Usually you can find that the person endured years of being picked on and management turned a blind eye to it.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Past shooting where the media did not show both sides of it. In reality an investigation post shooting showed that Xerox promoted a toxic work place environment and the shooter was actually picked on. Very similar to the San Diego shooting.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What politicians are looking for and will never find is a magic law that creates a Utopia. And no matter how much they desire this, they will never have it. No amount of money, power, or regulation will give them this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts