Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna: I'm at my wits end. First it was my wife's gradual decline in safely acting as bear bait for me and now she is ruining my fishing! We have been married for 33 years and the first 25 she did her job well. Then she started slowing down, first with the bad hips which I had replaced so I could keep bear hunting and that has worked out so, so. She needs a bigger lead than she used to and I got to hit my mark on the first shot. This may not seem like much of a problem but it is stressful for ME. Bear baiters are hard to come by these days. Now to my current problem. I have a 1000 pound drift boat that I use to catch salmon. These boats do not use motors but rely on the oarsman (he,he) to row upstream while the current forces the boat downstream. The idea is to move slowly down the river. Naturaly my wife always rows as I am the better fisherman. The past two seasons she has not been holding the boat back against the current nearly as well as she used to. So in a nutshell I have an old wife that is slow and getting weak. As I see it I have a couple options. Get her in the gym and hire a trainer and try to get a few more years out of her, (she owes me that much) or put her out to pasture and round me up another gal that is younger, faster, and stronger, and maybe some other things as well! Life is a bitch but what do I do when my women wears out? Thanks for your consideration Anna. BestLever

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Bestlever wrote:
Anna: "I'm" at my wits end. First it was my wife's gradual decline in safely acting as bear bait for me and now she is ruining my fishing! We have been married for 33 years and the first 25 she did her job well. Then she started slowing down, first with the bad hips which "I" had replaced so "I" could keep bear hunting and that has worked out so, so. She needs a bigger lead than she used to and "I" got to hit my mark on the first shot.
Sounds like we have an "I" Problem.Better get it checked out.

Jayco.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts