Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a letter from Marlin Customer Service Department today telling me to becareful that my gun is fully unloaded. Aparently guns made during the same time period as mine (last summer) have a small metal burr at the contact of the magazine tube and the receiver. The burr can block a round from feeding from the magazine tube.

It basically said that the notice applies to Marlin centerfire lever action models only except the model 1894CB-32H&R Magnum. It says if the rifle is a 1894CB-32H&R Magnum to call the Service Department.

Just a heads up. I have not had any problems with this happening in my rifle. I did have some of the new Leverevolution jam the gun up only letting the cartridge out half way onto the carrier but I dont really know if that is related. I will give marlin a call and see.

Jody

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I got one also.. no burr in mine.. I looked..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the same letter. I did notice that on my 336SS-LTD, two of my reloads got stuck similar to the way your Leverevolutions did. I thought it was a sizing issue, maybe not. I will have to go check for a burr.

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Dear Marlin Owner:

We have determined that a small number of Marlin lever action centerfire rifles made during the same period as the one you recently purchased, have a small metal burr where the magazine tube meets the receiver. This burr can block a round from feeding from the magazine tube onto the carrier and into the action. If the user does not visually check the area, the round could go unnoticed, leaving the false impression that the rifle is completely unloaded."

I'm not sure what models are affected but since I got the letter, probably any of the 336SS-LTD's recently manufactured could have the same problem.

G

·
506th said:
"Dear Marlin Owner:

We have determined that a small number of Marlin lever action centerfire rifles made during the same period as the one you recently purchased, have a small metal burr where the magazine tube meets the receiver. This burr can block a round from feeding from the magazine tube onto the carrier and into the action. If the user does not visually check the area, the round could go unnoticed, leaving the false impression that the rifle is completely unloaded."

I'm not sure what models are affected but since I got the letter, probably any of the 336SS-LTD's recently manufactured could have the same problem.
That's what I figured as I bought my 336 35SS 6 months ago or so, but that model isn't mentioned specifically, so any centerfire levergun made 2005-2006 should be checked, and in particular the .32 H&R magnum chambering. This doesn't seem to be limited to the 336 models either as someone on another board reported the problem happened at a CAS match and the 1894 model. I noticed a stuck round in my 35SS when using Leverevolution ammo, but that's my rifle only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts