Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Second Amendment Foundation is seeking to take-over the financially troubled Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. The SAF has won useful court battles, but notably, was lambasted for its recent support of "universal background checks".

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

Announced takeover of Jewish gun group provokes controversy - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Announced takeover of...The Second Amendment Foundation will be acquiring the financially-troubled Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, writer Claire Wolfe revealed Friday in a surprise disclosure condemning the prospective deal and announcing her own resignation as a JPFO contractor.

MORE on the link.

~~~~~

Living Freedom » Blog Archive » Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF ? unless we stop it
A voice of experience on what it means to be bought out by SAF »
Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF — unless we stop it Friday, August 22nd, 2014 I was hoping I wouldn’t have to post this, but now that we’re out of alternatives I’ll be as succinct as I can and attempt (no doubt unsuccessfully) to keep my most heated personal judgments to a minimum.

MORE on the link. LONG BUT WORTH READING IN MY OPINION. This is a good one!

~~~~~

The War on Guns: Huge and Troubling JPFO News

Friday, August 22, 2014 Huge and Troubling JPFO News Claire Wolfe has resigned over a proposed takeover by SAF. [More]

I've been part of some behind-the-scenes conversations with her and others on this.

MORE ON THE LINK.

~~~~~

Part of CW's article:

Living Freedom » Blog Archive » Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF ? unless we stop it

Snippet:

"On the other hand, he despised Alan Gottlieb and saw him as an opportunist who used scary mailings to turn SAF/CCRKBA into a fundraising factory. He saw Gottlieb as a person who needed and wanted “gun control” because that’s what kept the money and the publicity flowing.

Gottlieb certainly confirmed many of the things Aaron said about him when he supported the Manchin-Toomey (really Manchin-Toomey-Schumer) universal background check bill last year. He even boasted of having spent hours helping to write the bill."

MORE on the link.

~~~~~

Cate

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the responses to this story on CW's link said this:

Concerned JPFO Life Member Says:
August 22nd, 2014

"Look at KeepAndBearArms.com now vs what it was before Gottlieb took over." Etc.

~~~~~

Cate

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search on the founder of SAF if it interests you. Things that make you go, "Hhhmmm."

~~~~~

I wrote about this story below when it was going on. I found this link easily while I was researching some more things about Gottlieb. This discussion was mentioned above too.

ALERT: Alan Gottlieb of 2A Fdn. Publicly ADMITS to Crafting the Toomey-Manchin Univ. Gun Registry Bill! | Peace . Gold . LOVE

~~~~~

I do not support this merger - buy out. I would rather see the OLD JPFO go 'bye bye' and CLOSE UP than being bought up by AG.

If people would ever want to form a new group when the OLD-ORIGINAL JPFO folds... good for them.

Cate

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gun owners sharply divided over CCRKBA background check support - National gun rights | Examiner.com
Gun owners sharply divided over CCRKBA background check supportApril 15, 2013
While supporters of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms rally behind Chairman Alan Gottlieb’s support for and authorship contributions to the Manchin-Toomey background check bill, characterizing it as “a pro-gun bill” that advances rights, others are reacting with fury and accusations of a sell-out and worse.

~~~~~

There is NO way in _____ that the ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE JPFO would have wanted AG to touch his original pro gun group E V E R!

Cate

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I actually got a call from SAF a few months ago asking if I would like to join. I actually ask if they still had that idiot Gottlieb at the wheel and I heard a hesitant yessir. Well I advise that no I did not want to join any organization that promotes any type of anti-gun bull#@#$ and to take me off their to call list.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
845 Posts
Gun owners sharply divided over CCRKBA background check support - National gun rights | Examiner.com
Gun owners sharply divided over CCRKBA background check support
April 15, 2013
While supporters of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms rally behind Chairman Alan Gottlieb’s support for and authorship contributions to the Manchin-Toomey background check bill, characterizing it as “a pro-gun bill” that advances rights, others are reacting with fury and accusations of a sell-out and worse.

~~~~~

There is NO way in _____ that the ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE JPFO would have wanted AG to touch his original pro gun group E V E R!

Cate
So, I have to ask...how does this differ from the NRA's support of background checks at gun shows following the Columbine incident? Sure, they changed their position in 2013 when the Manchin-Toomey bill was being discussed, but even the NRA of the past was more concerned about hunting than civil rights and only woke up in the last few decades. To expect any one gun-rights organization to be perfect is probably not a reasonable expectation. Even your own signature line says to beware of those that are too far right...well, it seems even the NRA and SAF feel like they have to compromise sometimes, that staying on the extreme right for too long scares too many people off. I think the recent NRA commercials are trying to bridge a connection with everyday folks who just want the return of goodness and integrity in America, all without showing guns or anything to scare them off. Yes, they're sugar-coated, but you have to break them in gently if you want them to stay.

Barack Obama says, 'The NRA used to support expanded background checks.' | PolitiFact
NRA Supported Universal Background Checks After Columbine Massacre

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I have to ask...how does this differ from the NRA's support of background checks at gun shows following the Columbine incident? Sure, they changed their position in 2013 when the Manchin-Toomey bill was being discussed, but even the NRA of the past was more concerned about hunting than civil rights and only woke up in the last few decades. To expect any one gun-rights organization to be perfect is probably not a reasonable expectation. Even your own signature line says to beware of those that are too far right...well, it seems even the NRA and SAF feel like they have to compromise sometimes, that staying on the extreme right for too long scares too many people off. I think the recent NRA commercials are trying to bridge a connection with everyday folks who just want the return of goodness and integrity in America, all without showing guns or anything to scare them off. Yes, they're sugar-coated, but you have to break them in gently if you want them to stay.

Barack Obama says, 'The NRA used to support expanded background checks.' | PolitiFact
NRA Supported Universal Background Checks After Columbine Massacre
Huh? Say what?

I do not expect ANY gun group to be perfect and I did not say that any group was perfect either.

Heck, I love what the MONTANA SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION does out here, we are close to Gary, and I do not even AGREE with him in ALL issues either. Fact. I have told him this in some issues, my husband has and so have other members in his group.

There is NO perfect gun group. There is NO perfect politician and/or HIGH PAID SALESMAN for guns, liberty or any other THING is this country.

I did not support the NRA compromises.

This is news in the pro gun world of GROUPS and organizations.

All I know is this and I do disagree with some famous and not so famous people. There is NO WAY that the FOUNDER of that group would want to be tied into the SAF after Gottlieb came up with that new law and compromise.

Regarding the NRA... they compromise too.

Do I think that the NRA has done some GOOD things? YES.

Do I think that the NRA has done some bad things? YES.

Do I think that the NRA has gone OVER THE TOP in some things and NOT enough in other things? YES.

Now you can throw in the GOA and a whole bunch of other pro gun groups that do the same thing.

Do I even AGREE with Gary M. in ALL THINGS when it comes to the MONTANA SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION which we have supported in the past and present? NO.

Does our household money go to the MSSA and other pro gun activities here in our state, range, clubs, events, etc.? YES.

Now if you think that GOTTLIEB was right in some of the things that he presented recently when it came to that one law and compromise, in the past and in the present... good for you. Support him and the two groups that he is involved with. No one is stopping you or any one else who likes the SAF.

Side note: Some of you might want to put on your thinking caps when it comes to other groups, one example now - NRA, when they would not answer by telephone or email the SAS (Fact not speculation.) or even show up to a march in D.C. years ago with the pro gun group called THE SECOND AMENDMENT SISTERS. Now those ladies, men and many OTHER pro gun groups had a peaceful and well organized MARCH when the Million Mom and Holly-strange crowd had a big march years ago after the murders in Colorado. But the NRA did not have the good manners to even tell the SAS that they would not attend their event by telephone or email. Fact. They did not show up - period. But many other pro gun groups and well known people did show up and APPLAUD THEM for their efforts.

Whose fault is it that the one group (JPFO) can't survive financially? It usually is the fault of the group and their leaders because they did not get people to send in ENOUGH MONEY and/or the MONEY was going to HIGHLY PAID LEADERS in their group instead of going to ACTIVISM or other gun/liberty things. Now, did things go downhill when the Founder died? Yes, apparently they did.

Have I given money to them (JPFO) in the past and to other groups? Yes, even if I was not a member of some of these groups. Have I been a past or present member in some other well known groups in the past? YES.

The deal that Gottlieb presented is something that he should have been ashamed to be involved in.

Your mileage may vary. NO sweat.

Cate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts