Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1894 Lever action in 44 magnum. Years ago I lost the saddle ring for this. If I remember correctly it was brass. I have looked around on line and haven't been able to find a replacement. I am retired now and devoting more time to my gun collection. I couldn't find a parts area on the Marlin Firearms website. Is there any other place that I need to look to find my saddle ring. I know it's not a show stopper, but I like to have all of my rifles complete. Thanks, Tracy.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
These are not impossible to make, just wrap a suitable brass/bronze rod around a steel rod of the right size several times and saw off a loop. I've used brazing filler rod for this and have made any number of lanyard rings this way.

The saddle ring was only a feature for a year or two at the start of production, finding one as spare parts may be hard.

Stan S.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As long as we are talking about this... I have an 1894c JM 1980 in 357. It has two holes on the side of the reciever for mounting a sight. Will a saddle ring attach to those holes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts