Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a stainless saddle ring safety delete? I live north of the USA border, up here in Canada eh. Not sure if the online stores you guys talk about will ship up here. I was always thought that your safety is between your ears and dont care for a safety on a lever gun. Thanks for the help guys and gals.
Jesse

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Reactions: jesse82

·
Registered
168 Posts
The website says sold out. Bummer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Damn, the website says sold out. Bummer.
They make these in small batches every so often. I would email them and they'll email you when available again. I went throught the same thing a couple months ago, waited about a month.

B

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's easy to modify your factory safety, but it's a one-way street - you can't go back. Just grind down the part that sticks out to the left when in the unsafe position. Make it flush fitting and pretty - you can finish off by spinning it in a drill or drill press while sanding and polishing.

Re-install and put the modified safety on Unsafe and crank down on the allen screw to lock the spring and ball tight against the safety. A dab of locktite or nail polish in the threads will secure the screw.

Voila. I did this a while back and it is fine, but I did acquire another OEM stainless safety, just in case I sell and the new owner wants it. You can NOT buy a safety from anywhere, you must locate a used one that somebody is willing to let go. Remington will install one but won't sell you the part.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed them this morning, hoping to hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nratom do ylu know what size oring it was?

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,353 Posts
You can remove the spring from the safety detent under the buttstock at the rear of the receiver. Return the socket heat set screw while the safety is off with the detent ball still in place, tighten screw down with blue LocTite. The safety will be 'stuck' on the off postion and will not be able to be inadvertantly activated. AC

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gunscrewguy, can you elaborate a little bit more for me please.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a stainless saddle ring safety delete? I live north of the USA border, up here in Canada eh. Not sure if the online stores you guys talk about will ship up here. I was always thought that your safety is between your ears and dont care for a safety on a lever gun. Thanks for the help guys and gals.
Jesse
The list of gun related stuff online stores like Brownells will ship to Canada is growing shorter & shorter every day.
Gun/gun parts control in a national security wrapping.
They would ship reloading equipment & components, gun parts to Canada at one time but not any more.
The anti-gun bureaucrats on both sides of the USA/CDN border used the 9/11 tragedy to their full advantage.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know man,its hard to get little pieces up here

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Remove the buttstock, flip the safety off, turn the screw at the back of the reciever in, push safety to be sure it won't engage, put buttstock back on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool thanks man.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well that was simple. Set screw is tightened and safety is not able to be engaged. Thanks for the easy fix guys.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Don't have a problem with the cross bolt 1895 safety.
It's just like that little safety switch on top of the bolt on the Rossi 92s.........an unnecessary but tolerable redundancy.
I would rather there not be one because the 1/4 cock hammer safety is adequate but it's not something that is keeping me awake nights.
If it was I'd contract a friend who is a retired gunsmith & tig welder to remove the safety and all the infrastructure.
I've seen his finished work on both Rossi 92s and Marlin 1895s and you'd never think there was ever a safety on the gun.........no safety button or gaping hole or "F" or "S" stencil marks.........not even a shadow or blemish on the metal........all gone......nothing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts