Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doc Sharptail

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:40 am Post subject: A Loss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I write these words with a heavy heart...

Internet buddy, friend, and Marlin Collector Plinker Tom died in an accident on the way to work yesterday morning. He was a regular here on the collector and rimfire pages....

Please remeber him and his family in your Prayers....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Doc..

Prayers for Tom's family.. he will be missed by many ....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the news. Any idea what happened?

I only got to talk to him a couple of times in daNurve's chat room but really enjoyed the time.

I'm sure that he will be missed.

Wannabe

·
Registered
137 Posts
Doc:

I'm very sorry to hear of the tragic and untimely death of Plinker Tom. I recall enjoying his post. This death stands as yet another reminder of how fragile and temperary we humans are in this system of things, just as the Scriptures remind us us: Ecclesiastes 9:11.

Please accept my condolences and if you have the opportunity please pass them on.

Range Finder

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Plinker Tom....you were one of the first American Brothers I had the honour of yarnin to. I remember our conversations well, and the laughter we shared. Thank-you for your time you shared with me, time that shall remain forever in my heart. God Bless you, indeed.

Thanks for the news GJ and Doc, so sad to hear of PT's passing, my thoughts and prayers to the Family and yourselves at this tragic time.

God Bless you all.

Fordster

·
Registered
363 Posts
i have discussed the machining trade with Tom on several occasions. it is the trade that we both earned our living by.

i could tell from our conversations that he was very good at it. he was a man who took pride in his work.

he was also always interested in the shawnee squirrel hunt even though he never hunted squirrels.

he lived between waukesha and madison wisconsin. that is not far from me. he was somebody i hoped to meet someday and now, never will. that possibility has now slipped by.

he was always helpful to folks who wanted to know when their marlin rifle was manufactured. i cannot recall a post of his that was surly to anybody in any way.

we will miss him here.

i will pray that he rest in peace and for his family in their time of this great loss. god bless them all.

G

·
My heart sank as I read this post. I liked Plinker Tom as well, and it sure came as a shock. I will sure keep his family in my prayers.
There seems to have been a lot of loss lately.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Used to enjoy reading his posts. A true gentleman.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I knew little of him but from the caliber of those whom held him in esteem I count it a sad loss.

Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear the news about Plinker Tom. I always enjoyed his knowledge shared with his fellow posters here at MO. My best to his family. Glen

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Thanks to all for your prayers, wishes, and comments. I have sent these pages to Mrs. Plinker Tom and the Family. They were well received.

I enjoyed a special Friendship with Plinker Tom- such a friendship would not have occurred withoput a place like this one. We are very fortunate indeed to have this place...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Tom was one of the most knowledgeable people around here on Marlin .22's, especially the lever actions! He will be sorely missed. He was a stand up guy, and a lot of fun to correspond with!
I will miss him, and pray for his family and friends.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Please forgive me for not responding to this earlier, but I would like to add a few words.
I don't belive Tom's family browses this board, but someone should tell them about the freinds he had, and made. You get to know someone as a freind here or with respect to the old Marlin board, without even so much as seeing them face to face. Some of us knew him better oviously. But I truly belive even without never meeting him there will be part of my life that I will miss from having known Tom. I remember him from the old chat server. There was a guy, who would go out of his way to say something or be part of a conversation that would better your day.
So, I will remember Tom as a friend, a good friend. In hopes that somehow that will honor the value that has, or what it means. And that would be a little different to every individual here, or that knew him.

Fair winds and following seas.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Tom's wife has viewed these pages, for sure. I got an e-mail from her last week saying so.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
413 Posts
My condolences to Tom's family. He provided sound advice and seemed to genuinely enjoy his contacts here. He will be missed CL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Plinker Tom

Haven't been in for a while, but came in this am and read the news. Plinker Tom gave me some good advice - more than once - and at all times was a gentleman. Condolences to the family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts