Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two of these pistols and today I took them to the range for a workout. They fed like a champ and I was more than pleased with the groups I was getting. Very easy to take apart and clean. I used Remington UMC 115gr FMJ ammo. Good firearms.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Partner has one. None of the competitors or shooters I associate with have one. Played with it a bit in 40S&W.

It's an improvement on the Sigma, but that isn't terribly hard. Trigger pull is still excessive. Trigger reset is fuzzy. My partner had a few reliability issues which might have been the shooter instead of the handgun. I couldn't get it to group worth a darned at any range, mostly due to the trigger pull.

IMHO, most people would be better served with the M&P, Glock or XD. I relegate the SD to a functional but non-hobbiest gun. Even the Walther P99 is much superior.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Partner has one. None of the competitors or shooters I associate with have one. Played with it a bit in 40S&W.

It's an improvement on the Sigma, but that isn't terribly hard. Trigger pull is still excessive. Trigger reset is fuzzy. My partner had a few reliability issues which might have been the shooter instead of the handgun. I couldn't get it to group worth a darned at any range, mostly due to the trigger pull.

IMHO, most people would be better served with the M&P, Glock or XD. I relegate the SD to a functional but non-hobbiest gun. Even the Walther P99 is much superior.
Well, the two I have are well made firearms. The triggers on both of them are excellent IMHO. I have not had any reliability issues. Before I bought them I researched the forums and utube videos and couldn't find anything but praises for this 9mm model. The groups we got were impressive. My brother went and bought one also. I looked at the Glock but in reality this S&W had everything I was looking for and the price was right. These are my home defense guns and I have an excellent fanny pack for concealed carry on days I'd rather not carry my Kel tec P-32 in it's Sneaky Pete holster. I guess you can call it a plain working mans gun. Nothing fancy put it just plain works.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I guess they must have done something right with this firearm. They are flying off the shelves and the reviews are top notch. I sat and watched my brother (not an experienced hand gunner) print an amazing group with one of them. I guess if I was a competition shooter and perhaps a but more experienced with pistols (I'm a revolver man) I could nit pick the short comings. But being a revolver man I found the grip fit my hand very well and the double action pull was very good compared to some of the revolvers I own. I'm happy with it. There is a spring kit available to lighten up the trigger but I like it as is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.